St. Lawrence University
In an ideal location, St. Lawrence is a diverse liberal arts learning community of inspiring faculty, serious students, and accomplished alumni, guided by tradition and focused on the future.
Mission Statement: The mission of St. Lawrence University is to provide an inspiring and demanding undergraduate education in the liberal arts to students selected for their seriousness of purpose and intellectual promise.
Founded: April 3, 1856; oldest continuously coeducational institution of higher learning in New York State. Visit our About St. Lawrence site (http://www.stlawu.edu/about-st-lawrence).
School colors: Scarlet and Brown.
Accreditation: St. Lawrence is accredited by the Middle State Association of Colleges and Universities. The teacher education program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
Alma Mater, written by J. Kimball Gannon '24, who also wrote "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
President (http://www.stlawu.edu/president/): William L. Fox '75,
Curriculum (http://www.stlawu.edu/academics): A four-year program of study in the liberal arts. The academic calendar consists of fall and spring semesters and optional summer terms. Graduate programs in education.
Degrees Granted: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science; Master of Education; Certificate of Advanced Studies in Educational Administration.
- CSTEP and the McNair Scholars Program - Program Coordinator
- Center for International and Intercultural Studies - Assistant Director of Off-Campus Programs
- University Advancement - Senior Associate Directors of Major Gifts (Remote Positions)
- Art & Art History - Visiting Assistant Professor of 3-D and/or Extended Media
- Government - Visiting Assistant Professor in American Politics
- Chemistry - Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
- Environmental Studies - Assistant Professor, Tenure track
- Philosophy - Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
- Economics - Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
- Psychology - Visiting Assistant Professor
- Outdoor Studies - Assistant Director for the Adirondack Semester
- Associate Director of Annual Giving