Online - Federal Income Tax II Instructor « Position Deleted on 8/17/2012 »
|Institution:||Indiana Wesleyan University|
Adjunct faculty of the School of Business and Leadership will be responsible to teach adult students curriculum established by IWU in our
facilitator model of instruction as opportunities become available. Online courses meet in the Blackboard environment for 5-6 weeks
throughout each week. Each course may include up to 25 students.
Adjunct faculty members will:
- Demonstrate expertise in their content area
- Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional activities
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate technology for instruction (e.g. Power-point, Blackboard, Internet Resources)
- Incorporate Biblical principles into their content area
- Communicate with all IWU constituents in a professional and academic manner
- Take advantage of teaching moments and other communication opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Respond to student questions within 24 hours of requests.
- Grade student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation, within one week of the due date for the assignment.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
- Fulfill three faculty development sessions per year.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Do not send resume or supplemental materials to IWU until requested by the Faculty Recruiting Department. Candidates will be contacted personally with additional instructions if needed.
According to the Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in the discipline
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An ability to model and communicate the Christian experience to students as related to life and learning
- Competence in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint).