Job Seekers, Sign In
Stress Management Program Manager « Position Deleted on 3/07/2011 »
|Institution:||University of Michigan|
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsStress Management Program Manager
UM Health and Well-Being Services
The University of Michigan seeks a creative, innovative, collaborative and strategic individual who can successfully direct the development and delivery of stress management interventions for UM faculty, staff and their families.
25% · Provide leadership to the development and implementation of a comprehensive stress management program for University of Michigan employees and their families, building upon the work of the UM Stress Management Task Force and existing programs and services (e.g., UMHS EAP, UM FASAP, others) .
- Define a stress management philosophy and model for all stress management programs and activities considering the needs at the individual, social and organizational levels;
- Identify or develop stress management programs and resources , both onsite and online, for both individuals and intact workgroups;
- Oversee the implementation of such activities to assure quality and customer satisfaction;
- Identify and address barriers to participation (e.g., cost, locations, schedule, format, etc.).
25% · Coordinate, facilitate and teach stress management programs, including serving as an expert teacher and selecting/overseeing other teachers.
15% · Collaborate with the University's various leadership development programs to incorporate content and skills to foster a psychologically healthy work environment.
10% · Serve as an expert resource in stress management and collaborate with other University experts on programs and services in this area.
10% · Work with other members of the MHealthy team to incorporate stress management content and activities into other MHealthy programs and events.
10% · Work with the MHealthy evaluation team to assess the effectiveness of our stress management programs and services; determine metrics and processes for evaluation.
5% · Draft articles, reports and publications related to stress management activities
· Masters degree in related field (Psychology, Social Work, Public Health, etc.) required
· Demonstrated expertise in evidence-based stress reduction methods
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in teaching and coaching individuals and groups in stress management
· Established track record of successfully implementing such programs with individuals and organizations
· Skilled in building collaborative relationships and influencing organizational culture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Experience in public speaking
· Demonstrated knowledge of positive psychology principles
· Excellent organizational skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Program development and implementation experience
This position reports to the Senior Director of University of Health and Well-Being Services, but works in close collaboration with the Directors of the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program and the UMHS Employee Assistance Program.
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory/affirmative action employer.