Job Seekers, Sign In
College Bookstore Operations Manager « Position Deleted on 8/23/2011 »
|Institution:||Ivy Bridge College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsIvy Bridge College is a leader in the delivery of online education. Our Online programs in Business, Criminal Justice, Accounting, General Studies and Health Care Administration are taught by instructors with proven experience in their fields. Ivy Bridge College students receive exceptional instruction and exemplary student services through cutting edge technology, and excellent curriculum, faculty and staff. Students have direct access to dozens of first-rate, domestic and international 4-year colleges and universities. We're currently seeking bright, energetic and motivated people with a desire to make a difference and change lives.
POSITION: COLLEGE BOOKSTORE OPERATIONS MANAGER is responsible for the management of all Bookstore processes, supervises all aspects of customer service, provides administrative support, and communicates with respective departments. The Operations Manager will serve as the point person for all operational tasks with our third party book supplier, MBS Direct.
- Responsible for the student service component of the Bookstore by overseeing the daily submission of book orders to MBS Direct, returns/exchanges of books from students, and customer relations.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Bookstore by understanding all facets of bookstore operations, supervising and assigning tasks to meet the needs of students and various departments.
- Responds to complaints and emergencies while resolving each in a timely manner.
- Develops an Estimated Enrollment Plan before each term for MBS Direct once projections are provided by Directors.
- Maintains current records of financial transactions by posting expenditures to departmental records and comparing these records to monthly or quarterly reports and preparing financial reports.
- Provides student service by coordinating billing, explaining charges, and contracts to students within the guidelines of FERPA.
- Ensures Bookstore policies while assisting the Bursar to determine which accounts are eligible for credit.
- Works in conjunction with Academic Affairs to ensure that all textbooks and required supplies are made available for students through the MBS Direct system.
- Oversees the technical operations of the Bookstore by identifying needs, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and coordinating installation and maintenance efforts between the Bookstore, Information Technology, and MBS Direct.
- Provides administrative support services for the Bookstore by maintaining bookstore files and records, retrieving information for reports, preparing payment requests, and leading correspondence with MBS Direct and departments as needed.
- Responsible for the ordering, collection, and organization of buy-back for Post-Secondary Option student's book orders.
- Oversees tracking information from MBS Direct for missing, lost, and/or mishandled shipments and provides follow up to students and Student Success Services.
- Promotes a positive image of the Bookstore and creates a caring attitude for students by resolving complaints and assuring that excellent customer service is provided.
- Improves service, increases profitability, and meets needs by developing or revising customer service related policies and procedures as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS NEEDED: The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Must have strong computer skills and the ability to multi-task while on the phone. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends is also required.
Applicant should send resume and cover letter to:
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University
6056 Deer Park Court
Toledo, OH 43614
E-mail address: Resume@altiused.com
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer