Online Adjunct Faculty. Sports and Health Science « Position Deleted on 9/28/2011 »
|Institution:||American Public University System|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Online Adjunct Faculty - Sports and Health Science
American Public University System
Reports To: Program Director, Sports & Health Science
School: School of Management
Program: Sports and Health Science
Office Location: Remote
Date Posted: September 21, 2011
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
At American Public University System, faculty members are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences. APUS faculty are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for our students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. Because this position is so central to the success of the APUS mission, we are seeking candidates who share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship.
Required Experience :
- Master's degree in sports and health sciences or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required; Terminal degree preferred.
- Two or more years experience in one or more of the fields listed below is required.
- College-level teaching experience is required.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
Preferred Areas of Expertise and Experience:
- Personal Training
- Athletic Training
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching
- Exercise Physiology
- Health, Fitness and Wellness Promotion
- Prepare and deliver online lessons to undergraduate or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom discussions and forums.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, engaging with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Effective communication skills, with an emphasis on written communication.
- Functional knowledge of the writing style (APA, Chicago, Turabian) used by your discipline.
- Ability to create and adapt educational strategies according to the demands of the virtual classroom.
- Ability to think critically to solve complex problems and formulate alternative solutions.
- Educational philosophy focused on student growth and achievement.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Self directed and self motivated.
- Extensive knowledge of and/or willingness to learn current educational practices, especially in online education.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback related to teaching and learning.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This is a remote position. Candidates will need to supply their own office equipment and internet connection.
Please complete the Online Faculty Employment Application at https://apuscareers.silkroad.com