Job Seekers, Sign In
Development Officer, College of Motion Picture Arts (West Palm Beach) « Position Deleted on 3/19/2012 »
|Institution:||Florida State University Foundation, Inc. - Advancement Services|
|Location:||West Palm Beach, FL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPosition Summary
The Development Officer for Florida State University West Palm Beach will strategically execute a personal solicitation program resulting in philanthropic support by maximizing the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects for gifts to the College of Motion Picture Arts in West Palm Beach. This individual will secure private and corporate support on an annual basis, with emphasis at the major gift level ($100,000 and higher). The Development Officer will be expected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of the Florida State University Foundation.
In 2011, the nationally recognized FSU College of Motion Picture Arts announced a unique partnership with Digital Domain Media Group, a highly successful leader in special effects and animation. As part of this collaboration, a new facility will be constructed in the heart of West Palm Beach to include the Digital Domain Institute, and the development of a unique program that will result in new educational opportunities, high-tech research programs, high-paying jobs and an economic boost for the state of Florida. Because of this partnership, considerable opportunity exists in Palm Beach County to secure private support for the College. The Development Officer will operate from these facilities (temporary at first) and concentrate exclusively on securing private support for the College. The incumbent may be asked from time to time to assist with other prospects and donors in the region.
* Works with the Dean of Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts and the Assistant Dean for Fine Arts to develop and execute strategic fundraising initiatives on behalf of the College and its programs, the University and the Foundation
* Establishes new relationships resulting in philanthropic revenue and maintains existing relationships which may generate new philanthropic revenue
* Develops and implements fundraising plans in support of the strategic plan and capital campaign of Florida State University 's College of Motion Picture Arts in West Palm Beach
* Secures gifts and pledges from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, friends of FSU, corporations and philanthropic foundations
* Identifies, qualifies and sustains a donor prospect portfolio of individuals, corporations and foundations, focusing on those with major gift potential ($100,000 or larger)
* Coordinates with central development staff of the FSU Foundation and other cross-functional team members to identify prospects and develop team solicitation plans for planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, principal gifts and annual giving
* Exhibits and promotes a comprehensive understanding of the philanthropic priorities of Florida State University West Palm Beach, effectively matching the specific interests of prospects to those specific needs
* Assists in the facilitation of meetings, communications, informational exchanges, special events and project/philanthropic coordination with the faculty and program staff.
* Plans for and initiates direct activities with prospects that are designed to enhance the affiliation between the prospect and the University.
* Prepares and presents gift proposals; negotiates gift agreements
* Prepares correspondence with prospects and documents communications, solicitation activity and gift information in compliance with Foundation reporting guidelines
* Creates, inspires and maintains donor loyalty, interest and enthusiasm through stewardship communication and activities designed to express recognition, appreciation and the impact of giving. Implementation of such a stewardship plan may include but should not be limited to letters, communication of campus or university initiatives, invitations to appropriate activities, meetings, events, student engagement or the facilitation of campus visits.
* Assists in the management of all volunteer boards associated with the College in West Palm Beach
* Protects confidential information
* A self-starter, comfortable working independently while embracing a team approach
* Excellent communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills
* A can-do, assertive philosophy
* Creative thinking
* Recognition of the impact of meaningful stewardship
* Professional demeanor
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
* Careful attention to detail
* Ability to listen
The Development Officer reports directly to the Assistant Dean of Fine Arts of the Florida State University Foundation with a dotted line relationship with the Dean of Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts. Critical relationships include all FSU Foundation personnel, university administrators, academic deans, college development staff, department heads, faculty, students, alumni and friends of FSU, as well as parents of current students.
* Two to three years experience in major gift development, preferably in a university setting. Experience in a related field with basic knowledge of personal solicitation methods will also be considered. Demonstrated, progressive experience in seeking financial support for multi-million dollar programs or initiatives required, including a proven record of major gift solicitations and closures.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, internet navigation and research.
* Baccalaureate degree required, advanced degree preferred. Position requires individual to be conversant with alumni, faculty and staff members with similarly qualified educational backgrounds.
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Some travel is required.