Job Seekers, Sign In
Curriculum Specialist « Position Deleted on 1/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institute for Health, Social & Community Research (IHSCR)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to:
Human Resources Department
118 E. South Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Curriculum Specialist will ensure that health disparities, health disparity research and related issues are integrated into the variety of courses at Shaw University for the purpose of exposing students to opportunities to engage in health, social and community-based research. The Curriculum Specialist will assist the Department Chairs and faculty with the Association of American Colleges and Universities' recommendation for "integration of public health perspectives within a comprehensive liberal education framework". This initiative will be implemented by developing modules, lesson plans and teaching tools that can be seamlessly integrated into existing courses, and development of new courses, as well as interdisciplinary seminars.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Social Work, Nursing, Counseling, or Psychology or a related field from an accredited higher educational institution.
- 3-years minimum experience in community health, curriculum development and/or community engagement.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Social Work, Nursing, Counseling, or Psychology or a related field from an accredited higher educational institution.
- 1-year minimum experience in curriculum development at a higher educational institution.
- 6-years experience working with extramural grants and contracts.
- Facilitate identification and development of appropriate health disparities topics, course materials, speakers/lecturers, data and research to integrate into current curriculum.
- Actively identify and develop courses within Shaw University's curriculum where health disparaties research and health disparities information can be incorporated.
- Strengthen university capacity to engage in research and translation by addressing key issues in health disparities, public health and public policy throughout curriculum.
- Build and maintain faculty and student relationships and facilitate collaboration and communication.
- Assist faculty, researchers and project team(s) with the development of the administrative/management plan for curriculum development and instruction.
- Use Information technology and social networking channels to communicate the availability of health disparities courses, seminars and student engagement.
- Recruit faculty and students to participate in helath disparities seminars as presenters and participants.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 12 months - grant contingent
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer