Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Web Communications and Interactive Media « Position Deleted on 3/13/2012 »
|Institution:||Mount St. Mary's University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsMount St. Mary's University seeks a Director of Web Communications and Interactive Media to implement, enhance, and measure the effectiveness of the university's web, email, social media and other Internet-based marketing initiatives.
1. Identifies, develops and manages editorial and multimedia content-bringing both strong editorial judgment and a fluent understanding of multimedia platforms to increase engagement with prospective and current students, donors, alumni, faculty, staff, board members and community members.
2. Develops and implements annual web and interactive media strategic marketing and communications plans-supporting campus-wide communications and marketing efforts with an emphasis on the President's Office, Enrollment Management/Admissions, Advancement and Alumni Relations.
3. Collaborates with campus constituents on initial planning meetings, clarification of goals, maintaining best practices, testing functionality and reviewing content.
4. Continually assesses emerging technologies and seeks new ways of using existing technologies to tell the university story.
5. Develops, plans and leads ongoing training of campus contributors in content development. Creates and disseminates training materials for university stakeholders as well as university-wide web standards and guidelines.
6. Increases the flow of web traffic to the university website and social media properties through search engine optimization. Develops a robust analytical approach to the website and provides analysis of university website usage on a monthly basis.
7. Envisions, plans and executes website content applications to support marketing objectives for both institutional and internal partner-initiated projects.
8. Serves as a project leader on the development and maintenance of the website, as well as the content and functionality of the admissions micro-site.
9. Provides leadership for website planning meetings, specifically in the areas of information architecture, writing/editing and content management. Chairs the university's Web Advisors Group. Serves as a point of contact with university vendors and web-based partners.
10. Writes and edits web copy. Integrates and edits web videos. Creates photography slideshows.
11. Supports, refines and implements the university's social media marketing strategy in collaboration with communications staff.
12. Supervises student interns as appropriate.
1. Bachelor's degree and five years demonstrated experience working strategically with the web, social media and email, and using appropriate tools and metrics to measure their effectiveness.
2. Strong oral communication skills and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated electronically to diverse audiences-from alumni, to prospective students to various media outlets.
3. Demonstrated experience preparing audio and video for the web, as well as strong editorial and web writing skills.
5. A strategic and curious mind with an ability to see potential uses for new and emerging technologies, along with the vision to consider the big picture when integrating various communications strategies while working collaboratively with colleagues across campus.
6. Conceptual understanding of data-driven web environments, web scripting languages and trends in mobile devices.
7. Experience working in a higher education setting desired, but not mandatory.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Director of Web Communications and Interactive Media Search
Mount St. Mary's University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
or email resume materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain opened until filled.
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.
Mount St. Mary's University does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, differently abling condition or national origin. Mount Saint Mary's hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.