Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Financial Aid « Position Deleted on 5/08/2012 »
|Institution:||California State University, Fresno|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsCalifornia State University, Fresno
Director, Financial Aid
Vacancy # 11775
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines at the doctoral level. The current enrollment is approximately 20,000 students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, education, industry, business and government. The university was one of the first US Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its new Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
The Office of Financial Aid provides student access to post-secondary education and supports the University's enrollment efforts by administering and/or coordinating all student financial aid programs at California State University, Fresno. Under the general direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Services, the Director of Financial Aid is responsible for administering federal, state, and institutional financial aid in excess of $160,000,000.00 annually, to approximately 60% of the student population at California State University, Fresno.
Responsible for the overall administration of the Financial Aid Office and university financial aid programs, the Director provides leadership for planning, managing, and evaluating personnel, programs, and budget while ensuring timely, sensitive, and accurate delivery of financial aid to students in the midst of a highly regulated environment. The Director is also responsible for ensuring timely and customer-oriented services to students and the campus community while maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and campus regulations pertaining to financial aid. The Director is responsible for submission of timely and accurate financial aid reports as required by federal, state, and CSU agencies.
The secondary duties of the job include:
Effective management of personnel in a high profile, stressful environment which encourages continued production and effective service to customers, including students (current and prospective), campus personnel, parents, and the general population.
- Master's Degree
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid administration
- Supervisory experience of at least two years
- In depth knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations
- Comprehensive working knowledge of financial aid administration requirements of federal, state and campus funds
- High commitment to, and compliance with, federal, state, campus and CSU System regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and programs
- Knowledge/experience managing financial aid budgets and reconciliation procedures
- Demonstrated sound judgment; effective problem-solving skills; creativity and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in financial aid presentation in group settings as well as individuals
- Demonstrated ability to respond to audits
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment. Flexibility to adjust priorities quickly
- Experience with integrated financial aid systems including process planning and implementation
- Experience with PeopleSoft (integrated financial aid system)
- An understanding of California public higher education
Applications received by April 23, 2012, will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded upon request to the hiring manager and/or search committee.
How To Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply for this or any open position at Fresno State, visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
California State University, Fresno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
California State University, Fresno is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.