Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Applications Developer « Position Deleted on 6/15/2012 »
|Institution:||Bowling Green State University|
|Location:||Bowling Green, OH|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSENIOR APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
Chief Information Office - Information Technology Services
Bowling Green State University
The Senior Applications Developer position analyzes end-user technical needs, designs technical solutions, develops applications, and implements technical solutions in the ERP environments at BGSU. This includes managing the technical integration of third party applications and locally designed ERP bold-on applications. This position collaborates with the Project Managers, Application Architects, and Applications Developers to ensure cohesive technical solution design and successful project completion.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and lead resources from the user offices on projects that have heavy technical
components. Related activities including:
o Technical scope definition
o Technical needs assessment
o Technical resolution evaluation
o Technical design acceptance
o User acceptance testing and training
- Create written technical specifications for the Applications Developer to utilize in the development of program code and the unit testing of the development. The specifications must meet the development standards established at BGSU.
- Evaluate the end-user needs against the ERP application's available technologies and capabilities to determine alternatives for resolving the end-user's technical needs.
- Utilizing information from the functional business process flows and the documented resolutions, to design applications, enhancement to applications, or functional reports that will deliver an accepted end-user resolution.
- Develop new applications, enhancements to existing applications, and functional reports utilizing the tools and technologies available in the ERP applications or other approved technologies. The applications must meet the development standards established at BGSU.
- Integrate third party software solutions into the BGSU ERP environment by interfacing them to the ERP applications. This includes designing web based or interactive interfaces and integrated reporting solutions.
- Assist with production application support and production problem resolution. Including working closely with the end-user office to resolve production issues.
- Research and document potential third party vendor solutions for BGSU end-user business needs resolution. This includes the technical evaluation of application, assessing the technical compatibility with the BGSU ERP applications, assessing the hardware, OS, and Database compatibility within the ITS environments.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technologies required to design and develop solutions in the ERP application environments. This includes ERP technologies, web application technologies and document imaging technologies.
- Other project assignments as needed which apply to the related technical skill set and the ERP application environments.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to effectively collect, assess, and understand end-user requirement for the identification of potential technical resolutions of end-user needs.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Project Managers, Analysts, Application Developers, and technical resources to successfully deliver end-user business solutions.
- Ability to design, develop and implement ERP application enhancements and new features.
- PeopleSoft Application Engine and PeopleCode knowledge.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to effectively analyze and problem-solve technical issues.
- Ability to follow standards and procedures established within the BGSU and ITS organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A detailed knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL coding
- Ability to quickly learn new IT technologies through independent efforts.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required. Also required, four years experience working as an Application Development or as a programming resource in an ERP environment and two years experience designing enhancements to ERP applications using web based and relational database technologies.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62271)
1851 North Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Review of applications will begin on April 6, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
(Official transcript(s) and letters of recommendation will be required of final candidates.)
Ohio law (OCR 2909.34) requires that if you are selected for an on-campus interview for the position you will be required to complete a Declaration Regarding Material Assistance/ Nonassistance to a Terrorist Organization (DMA) form. Information on this form will be provided to you by the hiring department and must be completed PRIOR to your interview. You will find a link to the DMA form as well as additional information from the following web site: http://homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/dma/dma_forms.asp or on the Office of Human Resources web site at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/ohr.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
For information regarding BGSU's crime statistics, please visit Public Safety's website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Bowling Green State University is committed to equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Office of Equity, Diversity and Immigration Services, 705 Administration Building, BGSU, is responsible for compliance with all relevant statutes, including Title IX and Section 504, Disability Services for Students is located at 413 South Hall and is responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.