Job Seekers, Sign In
Compliance and Risk Manager « Position Deleted on 1/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Fiscal Affairs
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
A current resume.
A resume without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
(Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted. )
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Compliance and Risk Manager ensures the safety of working environments and/or research projects through inspecting buildings, laboratory or field operations; training staff in technical compliance procedures, and/or ensuring the safe use and disposal of hazardous chemical or biological material. This position may analyze records and write compliance reports for submissions regulatory agencies. This position performs work that requires consistent exercise of discretion and judgment. The work is distinguished from Safety and Compliance Manager by acting as a technical expert in a compliance area rather than acting as the overall manager of a distinct program.
Bachelor's degree in safety or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
Five or more years related work experience, with extensive occupational, industrial, engineering and construction safety.
Extensive knowledge of OSHA.
- Develops methods of identifying hazards and evaluates systems operations or process by performing hazard analysis;
- Analyzes facilities and systems to define likely modes of failure, that can include human error and the effects of such errors on the safety of the campus and surrounding areas;
- Reviews reports of injuries, property damage, and occupational issues to determine causes and prevent recurrences;
- Develops policies, codes, safety standards, and procedures that become part of the University's operational policies.
- Develops safety manuals, bulletins, brochures, and presentations related to safety, compliance, and risk management;
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets accident statistical data and prepares reports to communicate such information;
- Conducts monthly facility inspections to detect existing or potential hazards and works with supervisors and managers to direct corrective or preventative measures;
- Plans and administers operating safety committees by chairing monthly safety committee meetings, developing meeting agendas, writing meeting minutes, and conducting follow-up on safety-related issues by tracking, reporting, and resolving;
- Develops and conducts safety training classes for personnel throughout the University which includes all levels of employees and 'train-the-trainer' programs;
- Conducts job hazard analysis to determine the following: specific job hazards associated with each job function, training requirements for each job function, and determines proper safety equipment and personal protective equipment required for each job function;
- Negotiates and coordinates regulatory compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies;
- Participates in the chemical product evaluation and approval process;
- Provides safety oversight of contractors and construction projects as required;
- Develops safety programs and plans related to bus and transit operations in accordance with applicable guidelines;
- Performs accident investigations and reporting for bus and transit accidents, occupational safety accidents, on-the-job injuries, and other safety-related complaints to determine accident cause, contributing factors, and corrective action to prevent recurrence;
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Handles all insurance policies.
- Analyzes insurance coverage to ensure the University has adequate coverage.
- Manages insurance audits.
- Handles all liability insurance claims.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Subject to a background check and/or drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer