Job Seekers, Sign In
Accounting Manager PR7-17-12 « Position Deleted on 1/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: FA-Controller's Office
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the University's accounting transactions. This includes day-to-day administrative and managerial leadership of the accountants and accounts payable staff in order to realize recording accuracy, report timeliness, high quality customer service and ensure that reported results comply with general accepted accounting principles and standards. The Accounting Manager assists The Controller in maintenance of the institution's financial health. The nature and diversity of the job requires special abilities, dedication and commitment to the Fiscal Affairs standard of excellence. The position is accountable for ensuring internal/external client satisfaction through effective management of subordinate personnel, interpersonal relationships, projects, materials, budgets, and continuous quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of five-years' experience in accounting or auditing.
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software.
- Prior supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution of higher learning or CPA.
- Prior supervisory and/or managerial experience in higher education.
- Assist with coordination of all accounting functions.
- Prepare and process general journal entries.
- Review journal entries of accounting staff.
- Apprises the VP of Fiscal Affairs and the Controller of all accounting and accounts payable issues on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in the implementation of internal fiscal controls.
- Assists with annual audits.
- Assists with registration.
- Ensures payroll and fringe benefit charges are timely distributed and charged to proper institutional departments.
- Identifies and reports compliance issues.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of payroll register to general ledger.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.