Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Fatima College of Health Sciences « Position Deleted on 9/20/2012 »
|Institution:||Fatima College of Health Sciences|
|Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAbout Fatima College of Health Sciences:
Fatima College of Health Sciences (FCHS) is an educational entity governed by the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT). Established in 2006, FCHS aims to meet the United Arab Emirates' growing need for skilled healthcare professionals. The College presently offers the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree. FCHS is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research nationally and is internationally benchmarked through Griffith University in Australia. The College also offers the Diploma in Allied Health and will offer other specialized programs in Allied and Public Health in the near future including Pharmacy, X-Ray/Imaging, Paramedics and Physiotherapy.
Role of the Director of College:
The Director is the chief academic and administrative officer of the College and reports directly to the Senior Director of Academic Programs. As the chief academic and administrative officer, the academic director is principally responsible for the planning, development, quality, coordination, administration, and evaluation of all academic programs and activities of the College. The Director is also responsible for implementing and reporting on Institutional-wide policies and plans.
Major responsibilities include:
Specifically, the Director of the College has the following delegated authorities and responsibilities:
- Directing the planning, development, maintenance, improvement, and delivery of the
College curricula and other academic activities.
- Conducting regular benchmarking to inform policy development and best practices.
- Overseeing administrative matters, such as human resources planning, space utilization, facilities and learning resources planning
and utilization, and financial management in accordance with IAT rules and regulations.
- Securing and maintaining local and
international accreditation for the College academic program.
- Leading and overseeing educational effectiveness efforts in the
College including ongoing assessment of student learning outcomes, regular program reviews, and courses and programs revision.
- Recommending academic policies, such as admission standards, grading policies, and graduation requirements.
- Overseeing faculty
and staff recruitment, professional growth and development, retention, and performance evaluation.
- Coordinating and Cooperating
with Student Services, Support Services, and other IAT departments to develop effective marketing and recruiting strategies, academic
support systems, and excellent customer service.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Academic Programs or by the Managing Director.
- Must be a proven
academic leader with a distinguished record of scholarship and teaching, and a leadership style that is inclusive and collegial, including
senior-level experience in planning and management of human, fiscal, and facility resources.
- Have a commitment to diversity and a
working knowledge of effective programs to enhance student recruitment, retention, and success. He or she will have the ability to provide
leadership in the use of academic and administrative technology.
- Possess a high level of management and instructional leadership
skills including a thorough knowledge of postsecondary education, ability to identify, define and address problems, competence in
prescribing and interpreting research, competence to conduct strategic planning, ability to formulate and articulate policies and ability to
describe issues with clarity.
- Possess outstanding human relations skills as evidenced by the ability to lead the academic mission, sensitivity to all facets of the IAT System including the needs of its various constituencies and a personal orientation to the process and skill in the management of participatory decision-making.
- Post-secondary qualification at the Doctorate level.
- Demonstrated educational leadership at the executive level, preferably in
a climate of change or transformation.
- Extensive experience in education at the tertiary level, preferably in a multi-campus system
or similar environment where the primary objective is to prepare graduates for the work place.
- Highly developed human resource,
communication, and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with contemporary teaching practices.
- Experience in working with people
from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be computer-literate and familiar with educational technologies.
- Experience working internationally in a similar capacity, a decided advantage.
The position offers attractive and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience and generous benefits package that include, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to submit copies of degrees and transcripts from all institutions attended. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates who are short listed for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about IAT and FCHS, please visit the http://www.iat.ac.ae and http://www.fchs.ac.ae