Job Seekers, Sign In
Telecommunications Officer (PR7-23-12) « Position Deleted on 12/03/2012 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Campus Police and Security
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Telecommunications Officer (TCO), under the direction of the Telecommunications Supervisor provides departmental telecommunications functions to the Campus Police and Security Department. The position is accountable for ensuring the efficient receipt and transmission, and coordination of on-campus emergency and non-emergency requests for police assistance. The Telecommunications Officer will collect pertinent data, determines and contacts appropriate responding units, maintains calls in the database utilizing real time entry, and provides responding officers with all necessary information. Obtains and maintains officer status through the duration of each call. The TCO must provide a degree of initiative and independent judgment within procedural boundaries in responding to a variety of situations.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience involving customer service with the general public.
- Prior work experience as a telecommunications officer.
- Prior work experience on a college campus.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Professional certification as required (Telecommunication Officer).
- Telephone technique training a plus.
- Current certification in NCIC/DCI in Module 1, 2 and 3.
- Professionally and effectively answers and dispatches calls for Campus Police and Security Department.
- Effectively composes comprehensive written records of incidents/complaints describing detailed information and action taken.
- Ensures supervisor is kept-up-to-date on all work-related issues, problems and/or needs of the platoon/department on a timely basis. Promptly advises of any unusual situations or work-related irregularities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to personnel, student privacy, and operational management matters, on a job related need-to-know basis.
- Work effectively with a diverse population and in the proactive identification of problems and the development and implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Quickly and calmly analyze emergency situations and objectively determine the proper course of action.
- Cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the rights of others.
- Willingness and flexibility to work 12-hour work shifts and other off-schedule special events.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, and drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer