Job Seekers, Sign In
Equity and Diversity Officer/Title VI Coordinator « Position Deleted on 11/01/2012 »
|Institution:||University of Tennessee at Martin|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe University of Tennessee at Martin seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of Equity and Diversity Officer/Title VI Coordinator. The position reports directly to the Chancellor of the University.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Developing strategies, programs and services to cultivate, support and assess institutional diversity and compliance initiatives;
· Providing counsel to members of the University community concerning alleged complaints of discrimination under Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and other similar statutes and University policies; also, investigating and attempting to resolve all such complaints filed against the University both on and off campus as well as responding or reporting to federal and state agencies;
· Spearheading, in active consultation with the appropriate advisory search committees, the creative recruitment of outstanding, diverse candidates for administrative, faculty and staff positions;
· Preparing such reports and surveys as may be required by the Veterans' Employment and Training Service, Title VI, etc.;
· Writing the University's annual affirmative action plan-to include conducting of availability studies-using workforce, census and other data;
· Conducting training programs on such subjects as cultural diversity, Title IX including sexual harassment, Title VI, and the Americans with Disabilities Act;
· Working with the Coordinator of Minority Affairs and Student Conduct Officer to ensure that all employees and students have every opportunity to succeed.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor's degree and seven years of experience in a related area; excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; a demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations; and the ability to operate independently. Preference will be given to candidates with a master's, doctorial, or law (J.D.) degree from an accredited university; successful equity and diversity or related experience at a four-year public university; and documented evidence of success in investigating complex complaints of discrimination. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Applicants must apply online at www.utm.edu, through "employment opportunities." Attached to the application should be a letter addressing the requirements of the position, current vita and a statement of diversity philosophy. In addition, please have three letters of recommendation sent to Dr. Lynn Alexander, Chair; Equity and Diversity Officer Search Committee; College of Humanities & Fine Arts; 225 Humanities Building; The University of Tennessee at Martin; Martin, TN 38238.
The Search Committee will begin evaluating applications on December 1, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled. The successful applicant will begin his/her duties on July 1, 2013.
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary campus in the University of Tennessee System. The campus is located in Northwest Tennessee approximately 125 miles north of Memphis and 150 miles west of Nashville. The University of Tennessee at Martin has a combined graduate and undergraduate enrollment of approximately 7,900 students. The emphasis is solidly on excellence in teaching, applied research, and outreach. We seek candidates who demonstrate a similar commitment.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/ Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Inquiries should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED); 303 Administration Building; Martin, TN 38238; (731) 881-3505, office; (731) 881-4889, TTY, hearing impaired; (731) 881-3507, fax; firstname.lastname@example.org, email; http://www.utm.edu/departments/equalopp/, website.