Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff-Records Specialist (PR101912) « Position Deleted on 7/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Records & Registration
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department: mailed hard copy or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both completed application package AND mailed receipt of an official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Primarily responsible for front-desk customer service to walk-in visitors, ensuring internal/external customer satisfaction. Position processes incoming requests for transcripts and assists students with the registration process; generates template-style correspondence, reports, and mail merge documents; performs data entry of student records; creates and maintains hard copy and digital files and records; maintains office supplies and handles departmental mail. Additionally position provides backup support departmental phone coverage and responds to verification requests for enrollment and degree certification.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year of related work experience in customer service and administrative support.
- Specialized computer skills training with proficiency in mail merge, email, basic spreadsheet functions, proper document preparation and formatting, and general business protocol.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate professional work products under demanding timelines.
- Bachelor's degree or an Associate's Degree in Office Systems Technology or Secretarial Science.
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
- Assist students with the registration process
- Provide students with accurate instructions on how to navigate the online registration system.
- Input into the registration system necessary entries for such occasions as: closed courses, adding a seat to a course, overload courses, and independent study courses.
- Process incoming requests for transcripts.
- Provides front desk customer service to walk-in visitors.
- Creates and maintains forms, records and files, including files, checklists and systems data.
- Ensures security of all confidential data and information.
- Provides departmental backup phone coverage.
- Provides backup in response to verifications for enrollment and degree information.
- Provides backup in processing records for students who "Never Reported" (N/R) to class.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.