Job Seekers, Sign In
CAPE Site Coodinator - Rocky Mount « Position Deleted on 1/24/2013 »
|Location:||Rocky Mount, NC|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION SUMMARY:
The CAPE Site Coordinator is responsible for the effective coordination of the College of Adult and Professional Education Program (CAPE) activities at the assigned site location. This includes day-to-day administrative and managerial leadership of the applicable CAPE site in order to realize programmatic excellence, enrollment expectations, dynamic customer services and meaningful community partnerships. The nature and diversity of the job require special abilities, dedication and commitment to the educational needs of the adult learner. The position is accountable for ensuring internal/external client satisfaction through effective personal management of subordinate personnel, interpersonal relationships, projects, materials, budgetary costs, and continuous quality improvement.
- Master's degree in a teaching discipline relevant to University's academic programs.
- Five years of progressive business experience, preferably in an academic setting, such as customer service, financial aid, admissions, and/or academic advising.
- Knowledge of non-traditional higher education and the needs of the adult learners
- Highly proficient computer skills utilizing MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through the development and composition of complex analysis reports and professional correspondence and formal presentations.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate professional work products under demanding timelines.
- Flexibility and willingness to periodically travel independently and work extended workdays and occasional weekends as needed to meet desired objectives.
- Ph.D degree in a teaching discipline relevant to University's academic programs.
- Prior supervisory experience in.
- Effectively coordinate and manage the University's College of Adult and Professional Education (CAPE) Program services and personnel at the assigned CAPE site to meet desired objectives.
- Research and analyze the effectiveness of CAPE site operations to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Effectively teach knowledge-relevant college-level courses in teaching field, with a commitment to providing excellence in education.
- Present course teachings in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values.
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment in making decisions, in interpreting and applying internal policies and governmental regulations, in delegating responsibilities and in planning and analyzing CAPE site services.
- Effectively plan, develop and maintain the CAPE site budget.
- Direct the efficient allocation and economical utilization of CAPE site services, equipment and supplies.
- Conduct effective employment interviews, make sound hiring recommendations
- Conduct employee counseling sessions in a motivating manner, initiating disciplinary action recommendations as necessary.
- Conduct effective meetings and training sessions.
- Effectively communicate through the development and composition of complex analysis reports and correspondence, and through related presentations to senior management.
- Effectively deal with individuals at all business levels and various situations which require tact, judgment, and integrity.
- Relate to people in a manner as to win confidence, support, and understanding in the purposes, programs, and goals of the University.
- Professionally represent the University in a number of diverse settings, including active participation in industry and/or community associations and events.
- Effectively identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action.
- Maintain detailed and accurate files and records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to personnel and operational management matters.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks requiring extensive follow-up and timely completion of all projects.
- Periodically work extended workdays and occasional weekends to meet desired objectives.
- Lead and positively support University change initiatives established by executive management.
- Use good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Consistently demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
- Legally drive an automobile in the State of North Carolina.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer