Job Seekers, Sign In
Loan Coordinator « Position Deleted on 1/10/2013 »
|Institution:||Washington & Jefferson College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsWashington & Jefferson College is one of the nation's oldest and most distinguished co-ed, four-year liberal arts colleges for undergraduate students. We are looking for a Loan Coordinator to join our team.
The Loan Coordinator is responsible for processing financial aid for students, delivering quality customer service to students and families and managing both the federal and private loan programs.
- Assist in financial aid processing, including evaluating financial aid applications, performing verification and awarding financial aid based on federal regulations and institutional awarding policy.
- Serve as a contact for students and families in regard to the financial aid process, available aid programs and payment options. Counsel families in person and over the phone, effectively addressing their questions and concerns.
- Manage the Federal Direct Loan programs, including awarding, origination, disbursement and reconciliation of funding. Ensure compliance with all federal regulations in regard to loan processing.
- Provide loan histories and exit counseling to students to ensure understanding of their debt level, repayment, forgiveness, forbearance and deferment options. Utilize information from federal loan servicers and the NSLDS database to establish default prevention strategies.
- Manage all aspects of the private loan process from certification to disbursement of funds. Work with lender representatives to maintain a high level of knowledge of private loan products.
- Process financial aid for summer enrollment, coordinate consortium agreements and act as Study Abroad liaison.
- Process outside scholarship awards, revising financial aid when necessary.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Admission Office, Business Office, Residence Life, Registrar and other campus offices concerning financial aid matters.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid at various events organized by the College and local and state organizations, providing a presentation when requested.
- Provide statistics and analysis within program areas whenever needed.
- Additional job related duties as required by Director.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in financial aid, preferably with the Direct Loan program.
- Knowledge of Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague student information system is highly desirable as well as Department of Education software systems.
- Strong customer service background and counseling experience.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, think proactively, and interpret federal regulations and institutional awarding policies.
- High level of organizational skills; ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills required; ability to effectively speak in front of both large and small audiences.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Washington & Jefferson College does not discriminate in its educational programs, activities or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected status. inquiries may be directed to: Affirmative Action Officer, Washington & Jefferson College, 60 South Lincoln Street, Washington, PA 15301-4801. 724-223-6010.