Online Adjunct Faculty - Accounting « Position Deleted on 2/15/2013 »
|Institution:||American Public University System|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Online Adjunct Faculty - Accounting
American Public University System
Synopsis of Role:
Adjunct and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
- Doctorate in Accounting or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Two or more years of experience in Public Accounting, Governmental Accounting or Managerial Accounting is required.
- CPA required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Record of excellence in teaching.
- College-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Course development experience is preferred.
- Teaching excellence
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
- Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
- Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain 'discipline' knowledge by participating in one's own discipline-related professional communities.
- Support APUS initiatives and departments.
- Sitting, extensive use of keyboard
- Strong command of the English language is required
Thank you for your interest in APUS!