Job Seekers, Sign In
Helpdesk Services Coordinator (Information Technology Consultant 2) « Position Deleted on 1/30/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Oregon|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsInformation Technology Consultant 2
Department: Information Services
Salary: $16.53 - 30.62 Per Hour
Information Services at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Helpdesk Services Coordinator (Information Technology Consultant).
This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position may be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... knowledge and skills in technology and information systems as generally obtained through an associate's degree in computer science, information systems, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
In addition, this position requires:
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. The incumbent must be able to communicate with a wide range of users and partners, as well as with students, faculty, and staff from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience with and strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Demonstrated experience with and strong knowledge of Macintosh operating systems and networking protocols
- Demonstrated experience with and strong knowledge of server level operating systems and command-line operations
- Demonstrated experience working in high-availability enterprise environments
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and complete technological projects
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of diverse IT professionals, clients, partners
- Proven skills in providing consulting services, with strong problem solving ability and teaching experience
- Familiarity with a multitude of software applications, browsers, platforms, and peripheral devices
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to perform operation duties and duties as assigned
- Ability to juggle multiple, oftentimes competing priorities
- U.S. citizenship (or eligibility for and ability to obtain employment status under U.S. immigration laws by projected hire date)
- Demonstrated experience with Helpdesk operations in a Higher Education environment
- Previous experience with evaluating and implementing Helpdesk services in a Higher *Education environment
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Experience with ITIL or other technology industry based framework
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position coordinates the day-to-day operations of Information Services Helpdesk. Duties include:
- providing user support and instruction, including developing curriculum for classes, departments, and special requests for campus faculty, staff, and students; troubleshooting complex customer issues; testing new hardware and software to determine usability and impact in the campus environment; identifying technology needs and developing plans to meet those needs; providing diagnostic services; providing extended consultation services (purchasing, educational, standard recommendations); providing backup account administration support; representing Information Services in dealing with university departments, customers, and vendors.
- maintaining a high degree of computing competence by attending formal training to obtain or retain certifications, and staying current with popular campus hardware/software products and developments in the computing industry; ensuring sustainable IT practices and solutions; evaluating and recommending changes to existing services, new services, or termination of services.
- creating and maintaining end user documentation for campus technology resources; creating and conducting general access information sessions; creating and maintaining self-service materials; developing and implementing internal operating standards.
- providing guidance and coaching to student employees; overseeing student interns; providing area oversight and direction.
- using in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of specialty areas to assume management responsibilities for servers and services.
- participating in or leading projects, including gathering and documenting project requirements; ensuring projects are in compliance with state, national, and international standards and legislation; creating and executing project work plans; applying appropriate project methodology and enforcing project standards; ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. How would you deal with a difficult customer who reported a problem some time ago and it still hasn't been fixed?
2. If you can't find a solution to a problem what would you do?
3. Why are you interested in the position? What technical and professional skills do you expect to develop from serving in this position?
Position may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time, and kneel or bend to offer user instruction in a service desk setting.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely and turned in by the closing date or they will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.