Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Financial Assistance « Position Deleted on 2/11/2013 »
|Institution:||Western Nevada College|
|Location:||Carson City, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$83,185 to $106,698 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Director of Financial Aid supervises and manages the programs and staff responsible for the administration of student financial aid, scholarship and student employment programs for the college. This position reports directly to the Dean of Students.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. A Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
2. A minimum of three years experience working in student financial aid or a related area.
3. Experience administering a full range of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
4. Ability to demonstrate successful experience with electronic financial aid delivery systems.
5. Excellent communications skills.
6. Self-starter with the ability and desire to advocate financial assistance programs.
7. Knowledgeable and experienced in student financial aid advisement.
8. Thorough understanding of the purpose and function of community colleges.
9. Ability to complete accurate and timely required financial reports is essential.
10. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and directs the implementation of policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibilities; assists with needs analysis and packaging; monitors and implements federal regulatory changes; and generates and completes reports as required.
2. Responsible for the management and supervision of financial aid staff.
3. Provides oversight and management of the Veterans' Financial Aid program.
4. Responsible for providing financial aid advisement to students.
5. Responsible for the orderly and accurate day-to-day operations of student financial aid programs.
6. Must have the ability to develop and maintain counseling and outreach programs and maintain close contact with all off-campus educational centers for financial aid purposes.
7. Participate in program assessment and program review.
8. Serve on college and NSHE committees.
9. Other duties as assigned. Some travel is required.
For full positions descriptions and to apply please visit our website at: jobs.wnc.edu