Sports Performance Coach « Position Deleted on 1/29/2013 »
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Stanford, CA, a NCAA Division I-A member of the PAC-12 Conference is seeking qualified applicants for the position
of Sports Performance Coach. This is a 12-month full-time appointment with salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and
experience. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; the development and implementation of athletic performance enhancement
programs for Football. The successful candidate will possess at least a Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in exercise science,
kinesiology or related field and at least 2 years experience in strength and conditioning at the Division I-A, professional, or Olympic
level. Experience with Football is required. In addition, the successful candidate must also possess strong organizational and communication
skills, and working knowledge of basic spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provide a high-level of service delivery, including but not limited to the development of athletic performance enhancement programs as it related to injury prevention, and performance enhancement (strength development, power development, quadrennial planning, recovery, etc.).
- Provide effective written and oral communication between student athletes, coaches, administrators, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Sports Performance Staff and relevant Athletic Department personnel.
- Collaborate frequently with licensed Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers regarding the rehabilitation progress and return to participation/play planning of injured student athletes.
- Maintain and upkeep of training facilities as designated.
- Supervise and mentor Sports Performance Interns/Graduate Assistants.
- Provide leadership in administrative areas, as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance and/or Sports Performance Coordinator for Football.
- Maintain a safe environment for the Stanford student-athlete.
- Maintain a high-level of communication between coaching staff, athletic trainer, physical therapists and team physicians.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures as identified by the Department of Athletics, Stanford Sports Performance and the NCAA.
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Current CSCS, CSCCa, CES, PES, or FMS certification(s)
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field required.
- Minimum 2-years experience developing in the field of sports performance.
- Experience with programming performance enhancement programs for Football.
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references online though http://jobs.stanford.edu. Please reference job requisition #51052.
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer.