Online Literature Instructor (Contract) « Position Deleted on 6/19/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Education-Portal.com, Remilon LLC's flagship website, offers free college
courses that lead to real college credit. We are looking for passionate educators to teach world-class educational micro lectures that will
reach millions of students each month.
Our courses are made up of bite-sized video lessons (each 5-10 minutes long) that cover a single concept. Each course is designed to prepare students to earn real college credit through a credit-granting exam. Our lessons are also widely used by instructors to:
- Supplement classroom instruction
- Replace costly textbooks
- Engage reluctant learners
- Flip the classroom
We currently have over 40 courses in development with over 2000 published lessons, and we are growing
quickly. Our courses cover a full range of academic subjects, including math, science, history, English, psychology, and business.
We also have text-only lessons, which are supplemental resources that use relatable instruction to teach granular concepts. Your lessons will reach millions of students and teachers and help make educational accessible to learners around the world.
Read more about our solution to making education accessible through free online courses.
We are looking for instructors to create
both text-only and video lessons. You should have an engaging, relatable teaching style and be able to make difficult concepts seem easy. We
are looking for subject matter experts with teaching experience.
This is a telecommuting contract position, and instructors can work on their own schedules. The job is ideal for adjunct professors, high school teachers, and professionals working part-time for secondary and post-secondary institutions.
We are particularly seeking instructors for courses in computer programming, business, accounting, economics, nursing, Spanish language, physical science, history, U.S. government, literature, math and sociology.
To apply, submit a writing sample in your area of expertise that teaches a concept in under 300 words.
Most instructors start on text-only lessons. Our rock star instructors have the opportunity to move up to video after an orientation period.Text instructors deliver:
- Lesson text
- Quiz questions
- Visual aids
- Lesson text
- Quiz questions
- Lesson images
- Video storyboard
- Audio recordings
Please read or watch the following lessons before recording to see if your teaching style is a good fit for our format.
- Interpersonal Roles in Management
- Magnetic Poles
- What is Slope?
- Second Battle of Bull Run
- The Superego
- What are the Different Types of Numbers?
- The Metric System
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Dark Romantics in American Literature
See our full list of lessons for additional examples of our style and format.Requirements
- Master's degree or higher
- Hands-on experience with post-secondary or secondary teaching
- Ability to write a minimum of ten lessons per month
- Ability to make abstract topics engaging and concrete
- Ability to follow guidelines and respond to constructive feedback
- Passionate about making education accessible and educating under-served groups
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- $50 per completed text lesson
- $125 per completed video lesson
Payment issued once per monthWhy teach for Education Portal?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 5+ million web visitors each month
- Work with other talented and passionate instructors