Graduate Nursing - Nurse Practitioner Adjunct Faculty - Online « Position Deleted on 1/31/2014 »
||Indiana Wesleyan University
- Faculty - Medicine - Nursing
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Adjunct faculty for the Division of Graduate Studies in Nursing, the School of Nursing will be
responsible to teach adult students the curriculum established by the graduate nursing faculty in our facilitator model of instruction as
opportunities become available. Most online workshops are one week in length and most courses last for 6 to 10 weeks. Clinical courses may
last up to 19 weeks. Each course may include up to 17 students.
Adjunct faculty members will:
earned a master's degree in nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner and/or Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Maintain an
active unencumbered nursing license in the state from which the faculty member teaches and in the state of any on ground instruction
- Successfully complete an online faculty orientation
- Fulfill two faculty development sessions per year
favorable course evaluations
- Demonstrate a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Model and communicate the
Christian experience to students as related to life and learning
- Incorporate Biblical principles into their content area
- Participate in course continuous quality improvement
- Communicate with all IWU constituents in a professional and academic
- Demonstrate content expertise in their subject area
- Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional
- Respond to student questions and concerns within 24 hours or less
- Motivate students to actively participate in
all aspects of the educational process and assist them in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes
- Apply sufficient,
consistent rigor in grading student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation within one week of the due date for the
- Assist students in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes
- Utilize appropriate technology for
instruction (e.g. Power-point, Blackboard, Internet Resources)
- Artfully capitalize on teaching moments and other communication
opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails
- Gracefully advise students in matters related to academics,
attendance, and behaviors
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
in evaluation of the course and of own teaching performance
- Norm with course faculty regarding standards of excellence and grading
rigor of APA and assignments
- Complete other tasks as assigned
According to the Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the
standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Doctoral degree
preferred; Master's Degree in Nursing required
- Specialty Certification (Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Three years of practice in the role of Nurse Practitioner
* Competence in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint).
Special Instructions to
Candidates will be contacted personally with additional instructions if needed.
University may contact you if your credentials qualify for another position.
The final candidate(s) selected must have the ability to pass a comprehensive background screen.
Indiana Wesleyan University is
an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse learning community of committed evangelical Christians from all racial and
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law, in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other administered programs, and all phases of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or other federal, state, or local laws or executive orders except as claimed in a filed religious exemption. Indiana Wesleyan University affirms its position as a Christian University of the liberal arts and asserts its rights to employ persons who subscribe to the intent, mission, and doctrinal position stated in the university catalog. The President, the Administrative Officers, and all persons who have hiring authority will maintain and implement personnel policies and practices to assure that affirmative action/equal opportunity is being actively implemented and that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion shall suffer any form of discrimination. Indiana Wesleyan University will take appropriate steps to provide reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities so long as doing so does not cause Indiana Wesleyan University an undue hardship.