Vice President of Online Education « Position Deleted on 6/04/2013 »
Vice President of Online Education
Department: Vice President of Online Education
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Provost
The Vice President of Online Education will have primary responsibility for supporting and enhancing the quality of online learning at Parker University. The Vice President of Online Education will lead Parker University to prominence in online learning and research, and create a viable culture for the scholarship of teaching and learning in the online environment. This position will report to the Provost at Parker University.
Parker University is currently seeking a Vice President of Online Education.
- Develops a strategic plan for the development and support of online learning at the University.
- Works in centralized fashion and in close collaboration with all partnering units, ensures the alignment of online learning programs with the University's mission and strategic initiatives.
- Oversees instructional design/delivery, faculty development, content management, curriculum development, industry best practices, infrastructure development and legal requirements.
- Markets online efforts with faculty administration as well as larger campus community while overseeing the discovery, creation of innovative educational technologies with the potential for enhancing teaching and learning.
- Develops university wide plans for the implementation of online educational programs by establishing policies, goals, objectives and standards.
- Evaluates the operation of online educational programs and prepares annual performance and data reports.
- Supervises and directs the research and analysis of information used in planning, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of online educational programs and services.
- Possession of a Master's degree in Education, Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, Information Technology, Education Administration, Business, or related discipline degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Six years' experience as an instructor, program developer, academic administrator in the area of on-line teaching and learning.
Application Process: Applications will be accepted through May, 31, 2013. Please submit resumes
and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.