Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Program Assistant - Grants Mgt (PR05102013NW) « Position Deleted on 5/09/2014 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Grants Management and Support
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Position performs advanced-level administrative support for the Grants Management and Support Department. Accountabilities include front-desk customer service and phone coverage, database maintenance, website updates, drafting of correspondence, report preparation, calendar management, meeting and workshop coordination. Assists in identifying grant and contract opportunities, Creates and maintains hard copy and digital files and records. Maintains office supplies. Ensures internal/external client satisfaction.
- Three years related work experience as a full-support departmental secretary; preferably in a grants management office.
- A high school diploma;
- Specialized secretarial skills training with proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, and email, proper document preparation and formatting, and general business protocol. Must be proficient in the following software functions: mail merge, tables, charts and graphs, spreadsheets, and email.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or an Associate's Degree in Office Systems Technology or Secretarial Science.
- OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Provides effective front-desk coverage and support for department / unit.
- Produces professional documents, correspondence and reports on a timely and relevant basis.
- Creates, maintains and ensures the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of historical forms, records and files, including all-related files, checklists and systems data integrity, as assigned or applicable. Ensures security of all confidential data and information.
- Maintains the departmental public webpage(s) and intranet SharePoint site in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures financial, departmental and institutional policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to.
- Effectively performs the authorized financial responsibilities.
- Coordinates meetings and events.
- Effectively handles departmental mail.
- Effectively maintains departmental office supplies and materials.
- Provides other advance level administrative support and effective upward communication to the department/unit head on all job-related issues.
- Effectively interacts and collaborates with other team members, including departmental co-workers and other employees across the University.
- Ensures effective backup in the event of planned and unexpected absence
- Effectively performs assigned projects to meet desired objectives.
- Identifies needed areas of self-improvement and actively pursues appropriate means and methods to increase effectiveness in those areas.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience, internal equity, and budgetary considerations, contingent upon grant funding.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer