Job Seekers, Sign In
Intercultural Coordinator « Position Deleted on 8/14/2013 »
|Institution:||The University of South Dakota|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Student Services Department at the University of South Dakota has an immediate opening for the position of Intercultural Coordinator. Under the direction and supervision of the Dean of Student the person develops programs and services that support the University's core value of inclusiveness. This position provides leadership for the development and implementation of programming directed toward inclusive and multicultural issues. The incumbent oversees the daily administration, policy, and implementation of the programming.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the creation of a campus community that embraces and values cultural diversity;
- Works to enhance the quality of underrepresented students' college experience, through programming and leadership initiatives;
- Plans and implements programming related to intercultural diversity for students;
- Serves as a resource and works collaboratively and cooperatively with other campus constituencies;
- Serves as a resource for student groups and advises student groups, as appropriate;
- Duties include varied hours of an atypical work schedule and participates in an on call after hours rotation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse populations of college students; knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices associated with higher education curricula and instruction, student support services, student learning, and student success. Excellent oral and written communication skills; Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and community organizations; Demonstrated organizational skills; Strong technology literacy skills; web-based reporting and data systems.
Master degree in student affairs or applicable field preferred, with knowledge of student development theory. Minimum of three years' work experience in higher education, preferably working with diversity issues and underrepresented students.
See online posting for additional information: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1371239580359
The University of South Dakota fully supports incorporation of non-discrimination and Affirmative Action rules and regulations into all of its employment practices. Diversity and inclusiveness are values that are embraced and practiced at the University of South Dakota. Candidates who support these values are encouraged to apply.