Job Seekers, Sign In
Director - Childcare Center (PR08012013JL) « Position Deleted on 12/12/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Education
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for faculty employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
SUBMIT ALL the following documents IN ONE PACKAGE directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw
University Application Form (see web link below)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- An unofficial transcript
application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening, then an applicant can be considered for employment, with their application information submitted to the recruiting manager/selection committee for review.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcripts of the HIGHEST GRADUATE-LEVEL DEGREE(S) awarded to be sent DIRECTLY FROM the awarding institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department at 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
- Master's degree, from an accredited institution of higher
learning, in Education, with a Birth-Kindergarten license.
- Minimum of three years supervisory/management experience, in an early
childhood education setting.
- Experience with both preschool and infant centers.
- Experience with NC Child Care Licensing and
- Experience with NAYEC Accreditation
- Experience with State and Federal funding for child care
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population and adapt to change.
- Ph.D. degree, from an accredited institution of higher
learning, in Education or a related discipline.
- Candidates with teaching experience and expertise in an additional area also offered in the assigned department is highly desired.
- Develops and updates all aspects of program
policies and procedures including but not limited to parent, staff, and family child care provider program handbooks.
integrates and maintains all necessary program records and completes timely reporting required by NC State licensing, NAEYC Accreditation,
and foundation and government funding authorities.
- Ensures all required reports are submitted in a timely manner and are properly
reviewed for accuracy.
- Prepares annual program operational plan for submission.
- Monitors program progress and submits annual
- Participates on appropriate local and state committees regarding early childhood care and education initiatives, programs and
- Collaborates to ensure that parent meetings, workshops and program-sponsored activities address needs of parents, children,
families and programs, and that appropriate center staff members participate.
- Ensures program utilization of consultants to the
maximum benefit of children, families, staff, and program.
- Maintains use of and revises program curriculum that ensures compliance
with local, state and nationally recognized quality program standards.
- Plans for and ensures regular program evaluation by staff,
parents and trained outside evaluators.
- Plans program improvements based on latest research and regular program evaluations and
- Ensures staff's training and adherence to policies and procedures and regulations.
- Maintains an on-going customer
- Responds to external inquiries within 24 hours.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility
to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer