Job Seekers, Sign In
Student Financial Services Representative - Front Line « Position Deleted on 9/18/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsWidener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, Pennsylvania, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with satellite campuses in Exton and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about the University, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
Widener University's Office of Enrollment Services is currently seeking candidates for a Student Financial Services Representative position to be responsible for performing a variety of clerical functions in support of the Enrollment Services areas. This front line position will perform duties such as
- Maintain and settle a cash drawer daily.
- Assist with student contact and make appointments with counselors as necessary.
- Assist with payment processing.
- Advise students, staff and special program participants regarding financial status processes, procedures, and requirements and advise on alternative courses of action and consequences.
- Initiate, review and update student accounts for financial assessment and payment transactions. Assist in the assessment of tuition, fees, housing and dining interface and miscellaneous charges.
- Assist with the preparation and reconciliation of daily cash receipts and student disbursements and provide documentation to financial accounting office.
- Facilitate and process payments and issue receipts.
- Receive and process Change of Name and Address forms.
- Receive, process and disburse all pertinent Enrollment Management forms - e.g. Add/Drop, verification, etc.
- Receive and disburse Payment Plan forms, and accept and process payments.
- Receive and process Campus 1 Card payments.
- Instruct students in Web based transactions.
- Resolve holds on student records.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned, processing award letters, scanning and linking documents, sorting and logging mail.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous work experience in higher education environment and/or experience working with Colleague/Datatel.
Completed application packets must include an application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. To apply, please visit https://widener.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp.
Widener is a metropolitan university that connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention, and experiential learning are key components of the Widener experience. The university's robust diversity agenda embodies the values of access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation, and leadership.
Widener University is an equal opportunity employer that encourages excellence through diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.