Adjunct Faculty-Online Undergraduate-Mathematics « Position Deleted on 9/10/2013 »
|Institution:||Johnson & Wales University - Providence|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The university is seeking adjunct faculty members to teach online courses for undergraduate mathematics (e.g. college algebra, statistics and calculus).
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers relevant content, learning activities, and assessments online according to JWU course outlines and online course delivery standards
- Measures student understanding of course content
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance in accordance with university policies and procedures
- Posts a syllabus that uses the university-approved syllabus template
- Responds in a timely fashion (24 hours or less) to requests for information and/or action from students and university administrators
- Communicates early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling
- Refers students to appropriate university resources for information, guidance, financial assistance, career development, etc.
- Collaborates in developing, maintaining, improving and innovating courses and their content, learning activities, and assessments
- Attends meetings and/or conference calls and participates in faculty orientation to teaching online
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mathematics or a closely related discipline
- Experience with teaching mathematics courses in a higher education setting
- Experience with teaching online courses
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its
faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic
and diverse workforce, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply online* at http://work.jwu.edu to requisition #2725. Questions regarding this position may be addressed to email@example.com.
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Note: JWU accepts online applications for currently open and available positions solely via http://work.jwu.edu. Applications and résumés that are faxed, mailed, or emailed to our offices cannot be accepted as applications for employment.