Program Director - Schaden Experiential Learning/Public Service Program « Position Deleted on 10/18/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Colorado at Boulder|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Position Responsibilities & Percentage Weights:
Administration, Oversight, and Student Engagement Related to Public Service Initiatives: 35%
- Manage the selection process for summer and post-graduate Public Service Fellowships, including publicizing availability, coordinating application receipt and review (with committee involvement where appropriate), providing notices, and coordinating with payroll.
- Coordinate the Colorado Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program.
- Develop and manage other public service programs, and perform other duties as required.
Public Service Pledge (student pro bono) Program Management: 10%
- Manage, plan, promote, and oversee the Public Service Pledge Program.
- Oversee potential pro bono public service opportunities.
- Offer informational sessions.
- Advise students regarding their enrollment and participation in the program.
- Monitor student eligibility and materials.
- Certify participation and hours completed to the Registrar.
- Participate with engaged faculty community.
- Plan new avenues of participation with clinical director, students, and outside service providers.
- Plan internal promotional activities and awards planning.
- Research other law school programs to improve our programs.
- In general, oversee all aspects of the pledge program. Design, develop, and implement the program, engage in internal/external marketing, and fulfill reporting responsibilities. Work closely with various external sponsors, students, faculty, Assistant Deans, and Directors to ensure that the program is managed and operated in an efficient, effective, and professional manner.
Externship Program Management: 30%
- Plan, oversee, and conduct externship workshop that meets Fall, Spring and Summer academic terms to ensure an excellent learning experience that helps our students develop key professional competencies.
- Conduct training and networking activities relating to externship sponsors.
- Oversee structured externships.
- Review and approve all student externship applications.
- Communicate with field supervisors regarding any additional materials or information necessary for complete applications.
- Track externship students and field supervisor data to improve programs.
- Review data to improve programs.
- Visit field placement sites.
- Approve credit for students for meeting requirements, or require additional material.
- Work with academic affairs dean to approve or disapprove requests for additional externship credit.
- Counsel students on externships.
- Communicate with sponsors on issues and ways to improve student experiences.
- Assess assignments for compliance with credit requirements.
- Work with registrar and students regarding credits earned.
- Work with the career development staff to track data.
- In general, ensure the smooth running of the externship program while working with faculty, staff, law professionals, and students. This requires excellent communication and professional skills, including tact, clarity, accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness, attention to detail, execution, and follow-up.
- Interface professionally with judges and practicing attorneys.
- Implement the reporting policies and procedures of the ABA and the University.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a database that provides students with information about all organizations that have hosted externships.
- Develop new placement opportunities and types.
- Research other law school programs to improve our programs
Competition Program Management: 25%
- Manage, plan and oversee the student-run competitions to ensure an excellent learning experience that enables students to develop key professional competencies.
- Coordinate participation in external competitions, working with students to ensure fair selection processes and support student learning.
- Ensure responsible budgeting and coordinate funding with Student Fee Committee and other funding sources.
- Plan and conduct meetings with stakeholders.
- Research other law school programs to improve our programs.
- Meet with students, faculty and administration on operational aspects of program.
- Participate in fundraising activities and current donor outreach.
- Work with faculty, judges, and attorneys on coaching and judging the program.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a database tracking all those who have served as competition coaches and judges.
- Ensure timely thank-you letters to those serving as judges and coaches.
- Work closely with various external sponsors, students, faculty, Assistant Deans, and Directors to ensure that the program is managed and operated in an efficient, effective, and professional manner.
- Convene and coordinate our Competitions Advisory Board. The position is an essential part of our experiential education programs. The Law School offers an engaging, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment. This is a full-time position with traditional working hours, but may require some event attendance.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills & experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment, learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting human resources at email@example.com or (303) 492-6475.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials. There may be questions at the end of this application related to these qualifications and competencies; your answers to these questions will be verified against your application materials and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Position open until filled. For full consideration please apply by September 9, 2013.
To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.jobsatcu.com: 1) A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2) A current resume 3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references
Please Note: The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of a transcript or diploma copy if the candidate will be using a completed academic degree to fulfill a minimum requirement for the position. If you have difficulties submitting application information, please contact the jobsatcu help desk at: 1-855-216-7740 option 5
Minimum Qualifications: - A Juris Doctor degree - At least two years of legal experience - Excellent writing skills
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and abilities: - Strong interpersonal and communication skills - A strong interest in experiential learning and public service - Attention to detail and follow-through - Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment - Excellent judgment and organizational skills
Desired Qualifications: Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with multiple legal practice settings
- Experience in the areas of legal education or legal administration