Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Academic Operations for Online Education « Position Deleted on 11/24/2013 »
|Institution:||Prospect Education / Charter College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$64,000 to $80,000 USD Per Year|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION DESCRIPTION
The Director of Academic Operations for Online Education (DAOOE) manages and oversees the execution of all facets of operations for the online modality at Charter College. This is a key position responsible for ensuring all operational goals are accomplished including the delivery of sound educational programs and a quality learning experience for our online students. The DAOOE is a hands-on management position that reports to the Campus President of the Anchorage campus.
The DAOOE position can be based either at the main-office in Reno, NV or at the Anchorage, AK campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands-on management of Academic Operations for Charter College online education .
- Strategic planning of operations to achieve business goals for online education at Charter College.
- Execution of strategic initiatives to ensure the all business goals for online education for Charter College are met.
- Day to day management of direct staff and faculty oversight.
- Provide and ensure that the online classroom supports student learning outcomes and a quality learning experience.
- Delivering student satisfaction through successful operations for online education at Charter College.
- Oversight and accountability of gathering data from students, staff and faculty about how to improve operations to provide student with a better online learning experience and success rates.
- Partner with all campuses to identify challenges online students face and to create action plans to pro-actively address student challenges and improve student satisfaction and graduation rates.
- Oversight and accountability of class schedules, instructor teaching schedules, and operations impacting the students ability to access, receive, and complete education.
- Assist in the screening and selection of staff and faculty for online education at Charter College.
- Monitor and audit academic practices to ensure quality educational delivery and support consistent with Charter College policies and practices
- Conduct needs analysis of the staff and identify training, coaching and mentoring opportunities for the staff and faculty for online education at Charter College.
- Partner with the Program Chairs and the Campus Presidents to monitor classroom instruction and assist faculty in developing teaching styles and methods consistent with student learning styles.
- Research, schedule, and ensure delivery of training, coaching and mentoring of the staff and faculty for online education at Charter College.
- Partner with Program Chairs to ensure faculty scheduled to teach are appropriately qualified meeting the state requirements of the state licensing authority and the applicable accrediting body.
- Partner with Program Chair to ensure faculty files are complete at all times and contain the documentation stipulated by the state licensing authority and the applicable accrediting body.
- Partner with the Program Chair to track and ensure compliance of all curriculum development and revisions and textbook changes.
- Maintain faculty development plans.
- Conduct in-classroom observations and evaluation of online faculty.
- Participate in faculty and Program Chair annual performance evaluations as requested.
- Regularly communicate to and from the Reno education staff about issues, concerns, and changes in policy or practices of the company
- Provide support and feedback to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) and / or the curriculum manager on curriculum and program development initiatives.
- Assist in quarterly CEP (Campus Effectiveness Plan) updates; assist Campus President with completion of annual CEP.
- Review and evaluate official transcripts for possible transfers of credit when requested by the registrar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of management experience in higher education required (e.x. Dean / Director of Education, Operations / Administration, Campus President / Director).
- Minimum of Two (2) years of management experience in Online Education required (e.x. Dean / Director of Education, Operations / Administration, Campus President / Director).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
- Experience with analyzing quantitative and qualitative measures of learning required.
- Online teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to accommodate up to 20% overnight travel required.
- Ability to pass a background investigation required.
- A valid driver's license required.
Exempt - salaried position
Pay Range: $64,000/yr. - $80,000/yr.
Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
Employee Benefits Summary:
We offer great benefits including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits, Paid Time Off / PTO (15 days per year), 7 Paid Holidays per year, Tuition Reimbursements of up to $5,000 per year, and more...visit us online to learn more.
Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions (step 2 in the process):
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.
We are committed to diversity. Prospect Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.