Assistant Director of Communications - Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (A1300505) « Position Deleted on 12/03/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
Assistant Director of Communications
Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (MNTL) at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Communications. This position will be part-time and lead all marketing and communications efforts for the MNTL. This position reports directly to the Director of the MNTL. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee and coordinate the conceptualization, writing, editing, and production of departmental publications and non-print media.
- Support departmental efforts in the areas of: advancement, corporate relations, and alumni relations through production of related materials (i.e. award ceremony programs and announcements, event invitations and materials, etc.).
- Coordinate with the College of Engineering Communications Office to write, appropriately publicize, and track breaking news stories and/or press releases on topics of critical interest to the public, scientific/technology publications, and other key audiences.
- Assist with the maintenance of web content and online communications.
- Assist with the writing and/or editing of faculty award nominations as needed.
- Create/develop presentations for departmental leadership and staff as necessary.
- Identify and work with external consultants (i.e. designers, photographers, etc.) as necessary.
- Work closely with Departmental Staff and Faculty, serve on committees in the areas of: advancement, corporate relations, alumni relations, and publicity to meet related communication needs.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects.
Preferred Qualifications: 3 years work experience in communications or marketing. Experience with web site development and/or maintenance. Experience working with external consultants.
The Assistant Director of Communications position is a part-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by November 27, 2013. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Caitie Bruning, firstname.lastname@example.org; 217-244-7693 .
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu )