Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (PR32214OJ) « Position Deleted on 6/17/2014 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAPPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to:
Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Under the Direction of the Director of Admissions and Recruiting, the Admissions Counselor/Recruiter is responsible for identifying, recruiting and enrolling academically qualified students in accordance with the recruitment goals identified in the University's strategic plan.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a recruiter or admissions counselor for a college or university.
- Knowledge or and experience in recruitment, sales and marketing.
- Capability to effectively serve as Admissions Counselor/Recruiter.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through writing, speaking and formal presentations.
- Ability to effectively multitask and produce accurate professional work products under demanding timelines with meticulous attention to detail and required follow-up.
- Highly proficient computer skills in a Windows environment and utilizing Microsoft applications including Word, - Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively, working extended workdays and occasional weekends as needed to meet desired objectives.
- Effectively achieve targeted student recruitment goals.
- Professionally represent the University in student recruitment activities and positively influence prospective students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Advance prospective students through the recruitment cycle including identifying potential recruitment opportunities, educating prospective candidates on the University's programs,
- Communicate effectively and timely with prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, teachers, principals outside the University as well as with the University's faculty, administration and departmental co-workers.
- Collaborate with other department co-workers to support department activities including on-campus and off-campus recruiting events, trainings and department meetings.
- Complete departmental and University reports in a timely and accurate manner including travel, expense and other administrative reports.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to acceptable results from a background check and drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer