Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff-Program Assistant-Ed. Technology/Faculty Dev (PR120612T) « Position Deleted on 7/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Educational Technology & Faculty Development
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting both the departments of Educational Technology and Faculty Development with administrative activities in order to maintain efficiency in the operations and support the accomplishment of program objectives.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Four (4) years work experience as a full-support departmental secretary.
- Computer skill proficiency with Moodle and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Office Systems Technology or Secretarial Science.
- Provide effective customer service for Educational Technology/Faculty Development
- Creating and maintaining project-related hard copy and system documents, records and reports.
- Coordinating meetings and events; procuring project materials and supply inventories.
- Assists with established procedures to purge records of department's projects with completed closeout actions.
- Maintains an electronic copy of all developed budgets and database records of all projects.
- Files monthly reports and interim reports as needed.
- Provides documentation as requested by external agencies.
- Accurately and timely relays messages between parties, i.e. deans, chairs, faculty and students.
- Takes initiate to troubleshoot and research issues, as appropriate, prior to referring to assigned department/unit head.
- Creates, maintains and ensures the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of historical forms, records and files, as assigned or applicable.
- Ensures security of all confidential data and information.
- Maintaining budgetary records and tracks budgetary expenses for the department(s)/unit budget.
- Effectively handles departmental mail.
- Effectively maintains departmental office supplies and materials
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer