Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Registered Nurse (PR05132013NW) « Position Deleted on 8/16/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Health Services
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Health Services provides a safe, caring environment in which personnel administer to the physical and emotional needs of students. This position is accountable for performing professional nursing work in the University Health Center. The incumbent works within the framework of North Carolina statutes regulating nursing practice, established policies and overall health program procedures. Provide medical care for sick or injured undergraduates and staff, perform laboratory tests and procedures, provide health information about a wide variety of health concerns, and perform related duties in support of a college health center
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- Must possess RN license
- Minimum of 2 years of general nursing experience
- Current CPR certification
- Provide medical care for sick or injured students and staff, utilizing skills to include assessment, routine nursing treatment, emergency care and patient teaching in the University health center.
- Respond to emergency situations with appropriate medical triage and care.
- Arrange emergency transportation to medical facilities as needed.
- Perform laboratory tests and procedures such as venipuncture, STI tests, throat cultures, pregnancy tests and tuberculin skin tests.
- Assist physicians and/or nurse practitioners during appointment hours; preparing patients for exams, checking vital signs and conduct patient interview to gather information about nature of visit.
- Administering immunizations and allergy injections safely.
- Read test results; counsels and advises individuals regarding test results.
- Develops and presents knowledge-relevant workshops/seminars to include women's health issues, sexual assault, HIV, and substance abuse.
- Informal and formal patient teaching at the time of visits and through planned outreach programs.
- Presents a variety of health and safety materials using appropriate presentation vehicles.
- Distribute and replenish first aid kits.
- Restock medications, antibiotics and other supplies in the Heath Center.
- Administers non prescriptive medication.
- Serves as an effective "customer service" resource.
- Ability to collaborate with other healthcare professionals and provide quality customer care safely and efficiently.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to students and staff health related issues.
- Creates, maintains and ensures the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of historical forms, records and files, including all health-related files, checklists and systems data integrity, as assigned or applicable. Ensures security of all confidential data and information.
- Ensures financial, departmental and institutional policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Provides effective upward communication and support; keeps immediate manager informed on all job-related issues:
- Effectively interacts and collaborates with University faculty, staff personnel to provide professional customer service and to maintain productive and harmonious business relationships.
- Identifies needed areas of self-improvement and actively pursues appropriate means and methods to increase effectiveness in those areas.
- Effectively performs other assigned projects to meet desired objectives deadlines.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer