Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Faculty: Mathematics (PR62612DS) « Position Deleted on 8/23/2013 »
|Posted:||07/09/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 02/14/2013)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Natural Sciences & Mathematics
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for faculty employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
SUBMIT ALL the following documents IN ONE PACKAGE directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see web link below)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- An unofficial transcript
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening, then an applicant can be considered for employment, with their application information submitted to the recruiting manager/selection committee for review.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcripts of the HIGHEST GRADUATE-LEVEL DEGREE(S) awarded to be sent DIRECTLY FROM the awarding institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department at 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
- Master's degree, from an accredited institution of higher learning, in MATHEMATICS or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field
- Ability to effectively teach college-level MATHEMATICS courses, with a commitment to providing excellence in education, including the ability to present course teachings in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values.
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population and adapt to change.
- Ph.D. degree, from an accredited institution of higher learning, in MATHEMATICS or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated success teaching at the college level.
- Recent experience in a higher education setting
- Candidates with teaching experience and expertise in an additional area also offered in the assigned department is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in using instructional technology.
- Teach traditional and non-traditional students, at an on or off-campus site on week days or nights and Saturdays.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and present teaching materials in an understandable and effective manner, using related testing measurements that accurately reflect the stated course objectives.
- Hold classes as scheduled.
- Each semester, maintains a pre-scheduled minimum of ten hours per week as office hours, including morning and afternoon hours, to provide student assistance and aid advisees in selecting and scheduling appropriate courses.
- Participate in orientation sessions conducted each semester, as applicable.
- Advise students in appropriate course scheduling; assist advisees in defining and developing realistic goals in keeping with their abilities and interests.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records pertaining to attendance, assignments and grades.
- Maintain effective collegial communication, professional interaction, and functional relations within the assigned main-campus academic Department and the off-campus site.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer