Job Seekers, Sign In
Coordinator of Gifts and Data Management (PR07152013J) « Position Deleted on 7/24/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial college transcript
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Gifts & Data Management Coordinator is primarily accountable for the integrity, accuracy, and comprehensiveness of the Institutional Advancement database. The position is the primary point of contact for receiving and processing donor gifts to the University, for adding and updating constituent records, ensuring the accuracy of constituent information, and performing research as necessary to keep the database current and as comprehensive as possible. The Coordinator produces complex reports and related correspondence and reports, and interfaces with the Office of Fiscal Affairs on a daily basis.
The position requires frequent personal and telephone contact with executive management and other University personnel to respond to inquiries, schedule meetings, and obtain and relay information. Outside personal and telephone contacts are frequently required with donors, alumni and board members to receive, relay, and obtain information.
- Bachelor's degree in a business field
- Three years of progressively responsible business office work experience.
- Adept in navigating complex environments, and dealing effectively with individuals at all business levels and a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, composure and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated high-level computer skill proficiency and software applications, including relational database maintenance and ad hoc report writing; mail merge, tables, charts and graphs functions, utilizing MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate, meaningful and professionally formatted work products under demanding timelines.
- Critical thinking skills; good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Adaptability to a changing work environment
- Business English composition, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proper business-office protocol.
- Experience providing high-level support to an executive in a highly complex, multi-faceted organization.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, contingent upon grant funding.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer