Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Vice President for College Affiliated Corporations « Position Deleted on 8/15/2010 »
|Institution:||Onondaga Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsReporting to the President, the Senior Vice President (SVP) for Onondaga Community College (OCC) Affiliated Enterprises is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of 501(c)(3) corporations that exist to advance Onondaga and its distinct mission of higher education in Central New York. The SVP will provide leadership and oversight for all programs and services offered by the Affiliated Enterprises, including the SRC Arena and Events Center, OCC Association, OCC Housing Development Corporation and the OCC Foundation, and will ensure that affiliated enterprises are functioning cohesively and optimally in support of the College's mission and strategic priorities.
The SVP will assess programs and services offered and will actively identify and develop new opportunities on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for all operational activities to include, personnel, finances, communications/marketing and contracts along with ensuring that all Affiliated Enterprises programs and services are in compliance with all pertinent bylaws, federal, state, and municipal regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
The SVP will serve as the liaison between the President, and the respective boards of directors and will regularly communicate program accomplishments, issues and opportunities. The SVP will partner and collaborate with her/his peers at the College-the provost and chief financial officer-as well as other senior-level college administrators (chief information officer, chief public affairs officer; chief institutional planning, assessment and research officer) in matters such as College marketing/communications, budgeting, policy development, strategic planning, and continuous improvement.
Finally, the SVP will assist the President in planning, organizing, and implementing special initiatives as requested.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of OCC Affiliated Enterprises by being actively involved in all programs and services. Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to provide feedback on program operations.
- Infuse an entrepreneurial spirit and principles into the operation and culture of OCC Affiliated Enterprises, focusing on innovation and new opportunities for advancement.
- Lead a high performing team of program staff to the next level by further developing and implementing recruitment, training, and retention strategies.
- Partner with the President to represent OCC and its Affiliated Enterprises to external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations in order to enhance awareness of and opportunities for community engagement and partnerships.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically in support of and within the mission and values of Onondaga Community College.
- Develop and execute a master plan for OCC Affiliated Enterprises that will guide budget development, as well as the annual operational plan to be submitted to the President as part of the annual evaluation process.
- Ensure the continued growth and viability of OCC Affiliated Enterprises program/service units through sound fiscal and operational management.
- At least 10 years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of five years of senior leadership experience, preferably in business, supervising seasoned staff operating multiple programs. Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree and an MBA or similar advanced degree.
- Strong communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a President and board of directors.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Passionate about the mission of Onondaga Community College and its Affiliated Enterprises and able to promote and communicate its philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders.
To Apply:Please submit a current resume, cover letter of application and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Review:Begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Onondaga Community college is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans and others who would enrich the diversity of the college are urged too apply.