Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Professor - Cultural Anthropology « Position Deleted on 11/15/2012 »
|Posted:||08/16/2012 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 06/08/2012)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsStudent centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words our employees use to describe the Bellevue University work experience. Our reputation as a growing, progressive University requires us to recruit and retain only the most dynamic and qualified individuals in their fields. We aspire to be nationally recognized as the respected and trusted source of learning needed to thrive and succeed in the face of a rapidly changing world. We offer learning experiences that have the ability to create positive change for individuals, for strategic partners and for our nation. To accomplish our strategic plan, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and understanding that promotes open communication, personal and professional development, long-term employees and long-term success. We are committed to fostering a workplace that is not only challenging, but also rich with opportunity and reward.
Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our College of Arts and Sciences is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Assistant Professor- Cultural Anthropology position.
Bellevue University seeks a broadly trained cultural anthropologist with real-life experience in cross-cultural applications to a variety of applied areas. This position is best filled by a faculty member serving as an effective educator, mentor and role model for students and adjunct faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences. The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to teach introductory cultural anthropology courses and develop relevant anthropology curriculum in collaboration with colleagues in other academic colleges (for example, ethnography of technology or entrepreneurial and organization-based communities). The candidate will also demonstrate an ability to teach and train in ways that value the varied learning needs and interests of a sociologically diverse student population.
- The candidate should have experience teaching and networking with professionals from the business community and academia.
- In addition, the incumbent is expected to:
- Prepare and deliver curriculum for both online and classroom formats.
- Support the Bellevue University assessment effort to provide outcomes and "return on investment" information to stakeholders on programs and offerings.
- Maintain proficiency and current trends in the discipline through conference attendance and scholarship.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established procedures, practices, and policies as determined by the Dean.
- Attend various University functions as requested by the University or the Dean.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology.
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and scholastic activities.
- Ability to establish and sustain business and corporate relationships.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with faculty, administration, staff and students in a collegial and multicultural environment.
Please provide a letter of intent, resume/CV, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required at time of hire) and contact information for three references to:
Dr. Carole Patrick, Associate Dean
College of Arts and Sciences
1000 Galvin Road South
Bellevue, NE 68005