Library Technician 2 - UNLV, Curriculum Materials Library  « Position Deleted on 8/30/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Salary:||$35,475 to $51,865 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTHIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCED CLOSING DATE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
Incumbents function as first-line supervisors with operational responsibility for a specialized unit or principal function in a large library. The University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) Curriculum Materials Library (CML) is seeking a Library Technician 2. This position reports to the Library Technician 3 and is responsible for the night and weekend operation hours of the CML including the supervision of up to 6 student employees in the absence of the Library Technician 3. The Library Technician 2 provides circulation and reference services to CML users, including assisting in the selection of appropriate print and electronic information resources, and conducts general orientations and tours of the CML. The position will also be responsible for promoting the CML online through the development of web page and social media content as well as through physical displays and signage. Additional responsibilities include providing on-site technical expertise in library hardware and software, maintaining the CML stacks, and performing basic copy cataloging for new CML items. The successful candidate will also look for opportunities to apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs, and technologies. The incumbent will be required to work Tuesday-Thursday 11:00am to 8:00pm and Friday-Saturday 8:00 am- 5:00pm. *Per the Nevada State Legislature, classified employees are subject to six mandatory unpaid furlough days through June 30, 2014.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of increasingly responsible experience working in a library, one year of which included technical work assignments such as difficult copy cataloging; developing and maintaining a variety of Web pages; creating and maintaining complex database applications; and/or managing government publications; OR one year of experience as a Library Technician I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
ADDITIONAL POSITION EXPERIENCE
1) Please indicate the highest degree received.
2) Describe your experience in detail working in a library.
3) Describe your supervisory experience in detail. Include the number and level of employees you have supervised.
4) Describe your experience in detail directly interacting with customers one-on-one, in person.
5) Describe your experience in detail routinely training people in the use of computer technology.
6) List and describe in detail any productivity software or hardware (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.) with which you have had at least six months of experience.
7) List and describe in detail any integrated library computer system (Innovative Interfaces, Sirsi, etc.) with which you have working knowledge.
8) List and describe in detail any electronic library resources/databases (Academic Search Premier, Medline, FirstSearch, etc.) with which you have working knowledge.
In order to be considered for employment at UNLV, ONLY the following documents MUST be attached to your application in sequence: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume. PLEASE NOTE: The NVAPPS System will direct you not to attach a resume. Please ignore this message for UNLV positions, and attach your cover letter and resume to your application.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on August 28, 2013.
Applicants must apply online through NVAPPS, the State of Nevada on-line application system. Click on this link to apply for the position:
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity.