Ellucian Colleague Student Consultant - A/R « Position Deleted on 2/02/2014 »
Making a difference for over 17 million students at more than 2,400 institutions of higher education in over 40 countries is a big job. At Ellucian, we provide education institutions with the innovative solutions they need to help people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
At Ellucian our values are CLEAR: Collaboration, Learning, Engagement, Accountability, and Resourcefulness. We truly are a global organization with offices in North America, Mexico, Dubai, India, Australia, the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands.
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of every day - join Ellucian and be inspired!
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Tracking formal questions and answers regarding requirements, business process, and desired outcomes.
- Communicating effectively with internal and client contacts - technical and functional; respond promptly to questions and requests.
- Sharing information freely and accurately when requested.
- Communicating effectively internally through written reports, regular meetings and teleconferences, keeping management and coworkers apprised of software and customer issues that impact the successful and smooth deployment of Ellucian solutions.
- Completing all work in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Contributing to the review, writing, and updating of product documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Working closely with the Ellucian solution implementation project leader to meet implementation timetable, keeping projects on schedule and on budget.
- Performing at a level that meets quarterly and annual fiscal goals and objectives for the business.
- Learning and utilizing company tools and software for tracking projects, recording time, and sharing information.
- Work as an independent contributor, and sometimes leading a team of a few consultants.
- Providing a remote work location and environment that supports professional work and is conducive for private business conversation with customers and colleagues.
- Traveling routinely to customer sites to deliver services, travel periodically for internal training.
- Working as a collaborative member of the Student Administrative Services and PowerCampus Consulting Center.
- Consciously contributing to the Mission and Goals of the Ellucian Professional Services Division.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a higher ed environment
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Dedication to excellence in customer service
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a corporate credit card and a driver's license
- Ability to work with the undefined and unexpected in client-facing situations
- Some experience as an independent contributor, and in leading a team of a work or project team
- Able to provide example of professional written communication; deep experience in professional verbal communication
- Experience working independently with little direction and still achieve goals as well as working remotely in a team environment via phone and other electronic communication tools
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects on time and within budget
- Must be available for 60% - 80% travel
- Previous experience with Colleague Student System is highly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Colleague Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts modules are desired
- Formal training and/or consulting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and influence across, above and below the organization to help achieve organizational goal
- Shows excellent judgment in determining priorities
- Brings an established, effective, method for tracking and completing tasks on time
- Able to perform effectively in a work environment that requires hard work, has periods of tight deadlines, and where change is embraced as a method of continuous improvement
- Prefers a collaborative work environment over working solo, with a bias towards sharing credit for achievement over individual recognition
- Creativity: has demonstrated creative solutions to problems and creativity in the interest of the customer's goals
- Exhibits a strong sense of ownership for individual work assignments, team goals, and organization initiatives