Assistant Director « Position Deleted on 2/21/2013 »
|Institution:||Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
PROGRAM IN AMERICAN LANGUAGE STUDIES, NEW BRUNSWICK
Position Title: Assistant Director
Status: This is a non-tenure track, calendar year contractual position for one year, renewable on the basis of performance review and the availability of funds
- M.A. or higher degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field. Ph.D. or Additional academic work at the post-graduate/doctoral level preferred
- Five years ESL/EFL teaching experience in a university based ESL program or a reputed Language School
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing academic and support services for international students.
- Experience in designing and teaching online courses
- Experience in writing project proposals in response to formal RFPs
- High level of familiarity with technology based tools for instruction
- Experience in teaching TEFL courses and conducting teacher training
- Experience in having lived and taught ESL abroad
- Be available in office for 37.5 hours a week (8:30 - 4:30)
- Teach up to 3 courses per session (Teaching load will be adjusted according to other responsibilities assigned).
- Assist the Director in diverse management functions
- Participate/organize PALS academic activities such as the placement test, curriculum development, student/faculty advising, mentoring new faculty, selection of textbooks etc.
- Participate in faculty evaluation process
- Participate in organizing Cultural Events/Field trips
- Salary: $ 50,000 - $55,000 a year. Higher pay may be offered to candidates with additional/exceptional qualifications and experience. This is accompanied by a full standard benefits package (health, education and others) offered by the Rutgers University.
- "Time off" will be as per Rutgers University regulations for employees holding calendar year appointments. In addition to all official holidays and the 10 day winter break observed by Rutgers University, the faculty will be entitled to a total absence of twenty working days a year.
- Please send (hard or soft copy) letter of application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, two recent (within the past three years) letters of recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ms. Ingram, Business Coordinator, Program in American Language Studies, 107, Tillett hall, 53, Avenue E, Piscataway, NJ -08854 by Thursday, February 20, 2013.