Job Seekers, Sign In
Cooperative Education Assistant Director « Position Deleted on 4/02/2013 »
|Institution:||Stevens Institute of Technology|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsQualified candidates will have experience in higher education in progressively responsible administrative positions. Have knowledge in and experience related to advising, job development, marketing and assessing co-op positions. Have an understanding of engineering, the application of technology and industry in general. Possess a Bachelor degree (a Master of Arts or Science degree completed or in progress is preferred). Minimum one year experience in career advising in a college setting. Effective oral and written communication skills including effective phone, one-on-one, and group presentation techniques. Proficient with computer systems and Microsoft Office Suite. Be effective in a flat organizational structure that requires taking initiative and performing your own clerical and administrative tasks.
Cooperative Education at Stevens Institute of Technology is a five-year academic program where students alternate semesters of full-time study with full-time professional work related to their major.
Description: We are seeking an individual to direct the activities of students, employers and administration in provide effective, quality placements of our students.
- Effectively marketing the concept, structure, benefits and commitments of an alternating Cooperative Education program to students, employers and parents
- Establishing and sustaining relationships with existing and new employers in engineering, science, and related industries to cultivate experiential education opportunities
- Travel to local firms to assess student progress at company work sites and to maintain satisfactory business relations with their supervisors
- Developing, delivering and facilitating workshops and programs on resume and cover letter writing and mock interviews with Freshmen class
- Organizing and facilitating functions associated with three On Campus Interview Events from position submission to interviewing, and placement
- Assisting students in clarification of academic, career and personal goals and exploration of options to meet those goals.
- Representing department at Institute events and support campus community
- Create and maintain office databases
Stevens Institute of Technology is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer