Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Graduate School Admissions « Position Deleted on 4/02/2013 »
|Institution:||Bank Street College|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsResponsibilities:
- Direct and supervise all functions, activities, and personnel of the Office of Graduate Admissions, including evaluating admissions packets, conferring with faculty, and managing the final admissions decisions for all applicants
- Chair the Graduate School Admissions Committee
- Serve on the Program Review Committee, bringing the perspective of one who understands and promotes all of the graduate programs and who views programs in relation to the external and internal environment
- Enrollment Management: Work with the Associate Dean for Administration and the Registrar's Office to implement and revise as needed all systems for collecting, analyzing and archiving essential enrollment data for the Graduate School
- Implement and refine as needed the systems and documents for application processing, change of degree program applications, and applications for readmissions. These systems include: the comprehensive evaluation of applicants' admissions materials; assessment of transcripts for liberal arts and science requirements and academic caliber; and preparation of correspondence informing candidates of admissions decisions
- Implement and enhance the college's recruitment strategies including utilizing a variety of media and internal and external resources to increase the applicant pool
- Maintain and enhance the Graduate School Admissions Office web site presence
- Work with the Associate Director in all advertising efforts, including coordinating with the Publications Office to plan, create, and design advertisements and promotional materials
- Respond to external requests for information about the Graduate School including gathering necessary statistical data and writing promotional and informational copy for publications such as guides and the catalogue
- Serve as liaison to department chairs, program directors and senior management regarding prospective students and applicants
- Coordinate, monitor and report all data pertinent to the application and admission of graduate students, including monthly reports to Graduate School administration and faculty.
- Prepare enrollment management statistical reports each fall showing all applicants from the previous academic year and their enrollment status. Create multi-year comparative reports and yield reports, and demographic reports of applicants and graduate students.
- Prepare the statistical reports that are used in reporting our data annually external audiences
- Lead in creating reports drawing from our central database
- Responsible for tracking all advertisement purchases and purchase order requests for Graduate Admissions
- Assist with the development of College publications pertinent to the Graduate School and ensure that all program presentations are aligned in print and web based formats
- Serve on the Graduate School Catalogue preparation team responsible for coordinating the development, maintenance and production of the Graduate School Catalogue.
- Successful experience of at least 5-7 years as an Admissions Professional, preferably with previous experience as a Director of an Admissions Office
- Creative thinker with knowledge of and experiences with best practices and standards relating to Graduate admissions marketing and recruitment
- Enthusiasm for marketing and recruiting and for direct personal involvement with potential candidates
- Strong analytical and people skills and excellent track record of working collaboratively with faculty, administration and potential students
- Familiarity with teacher/leader preparation programs, including certification requirements for teachers and school building leaders; knowledge of New York State requirements is a plus
- Hands on experience with data and records management and reporting
- Excellent public speaking presence and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to articulate Bank Street's mission and values
Bank Street is an equal opportunity employer and has an historical and philosophical commitment to encourage diversity in our student body, staff and programs.