Job Seekers, Sign In
Probationary Police Officer « Position Deleted on 5/16/2014 »
|Institution:||Middlesex County College|
|Salary:||$35,775 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION: PROBATIONARY POLICE OFFICER
UNIT: FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE
DEPARTMENT: POLICE AND SAFETY
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF POLICE
1. Maintains harmonious relations with campus personnel as well as the public.
2. Performs community services, safety and security functions.
3. Performs road and foot patrol.
4. Performs traffic and crowd control.
5. Issues summonses for motor vehicle violations.
6. Arrests offenders.
7. Performs related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current/valid N.J. PTC Certification or Class II Special Police Officer Certification required.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Two years of work experience dealing with the general public.
- Meets eligibility requirements for PFRS Pension System.
Weekend and holiday work required.
SALARY: $35,775 Annually
RETIREMENT PLAN: P.F.R.S.
Any new employee hired by Middlesex County College after September 1, 2011 must comply with New Jersey residency requirements.
Middlesex County College is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action to assure that the educational programs, activities, services, benefits and employment opportunities offered by the College are available to all persons regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.