Job Seekers, Sign In
Biostatistician « Position Deleted on 11/27/2012 »
|Posted:||12/20/2011 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 03/15/2011)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institute for Health, Social, & Community Research (IHSCR)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Position provides statistical and analytical support on research studies and community engaged projects. Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and related information technology to analyze and report data/information. Actively maintain the statistical and analytical integrity of data. Actively participate in writing statistical sections of study protocols, preparing statistical analysis plans, preparing data deliverables for study reports, interpreting analysis results, writing statistical sections of research study reports, supervising student research interns and participating in meetings as required. The position will assist with researching, developing, using, and software and analytical tools to facilitate scientific research. The biostatistician will support IHSCR and university researchers with strategic planning, proposals, and timeline development. The position requires knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques, and substantive knowledge of health disparities research and literature. Disciplinary background could be in biostatistics, epidemiology, quantitative social science, computer science, math, statistics, or finance, or related field.
- Four years experience in health behavior or health services research organization.
- Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, quantitative social science, computer science, math, statistics, or finance from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- Experience supporting scientific research activities, including extensive data management experience, analyzing large data sets in a research intensive environment.
- A valid North Carolina drivers' license is required.
OR an equivalent combination of training and experience which would provide similar knowledge and skills.
- Effectively collaborates with Principal Investigators (PIs) and project staff to develop and conduct methods for statistical analysis, including data collection and management protocols.
- Provides input regarding data collection tools and data correction criteria and procedures.
- Prepares project reports and final statistical and study reports, including those intended for funding submission and publications.
- Accurately forecasts monthly hours expected to complete each project.
- Performs statistical analysis and programming for research projects.
- Prepares statistical analysis plans that are appropriately powered to attain desired outcomes.
- Independently generates descriptive and basic statistical tests, analyzes basic data requests and generates statistical modeling results.
- Effectively analyze project data sets to meet specifications
- Writes own SAS and/or S-plus code, find errors, correct, and validate output and results.
- Performs complex programming such as data transposition and macros.
- Accurately programs analysis data sets using SAS; combines multiple disparate raw databases and derives analysis variables.
- Effectively uses advanced SAS procedures and options and programs with increasing efficiency.
- Identifies potential data problems from analytic queries and brings them to the attention of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of project data collection processes and data sets.
- Complies with federal regulations regarding human subjects' protection.
- Complies with data integrity & research ethics requirements in accordance with Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and specific project approvals.
- Creates, maintains and ensures the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of historical forms, records and files, including work-related research project files, checklists and systems data integrity, as assigned or applicable. Ensures security of all confidential data and information
- Supervises student research interns, as assigned
POSITION SCHEDULED: Full-time, 12 month, exempt, salaried staff
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer