Job Seekers, Sign In
Head Men's Basketball Coach « Position Deleted on 4/25/2012 »
|Institution:||Saginaw Valley State University|
|Location:||University Center, MI|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Summary: JOB SUMMARY:
To develop, promote and supervise all facets of the University's Men's Basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed, including: player eligibility, recruiting efforts, financial aid, practice schedules, etc.
- Promote a positive academic environment and encourage all athletes to strive for academic excellence.
- Prepare and execute practice and game plans, strategies and alternatives which are designed to bring success to the program.
- Provide moral support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes.
- Establish and maintain community contacts which enhance the program.
- Assist with the purchase, maintenance and inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Direct and manage the recruiting efforts of the program within the financial limits of Athletic Assistance Grants.
- Provide supervision of program staff, including hiring, training, performance review and staff meetings.
- Promote in a positive manner the enhancement and growth of summer camps through recruitment, promotions, supervision and operation.
- Serve on committees which promote or pertain to the basketball program or student athletes.
- Prepare and manage the program operating budget.
- Work with the Strength & Conditioning Coach in designing the strength and conditioning program you want implemented for your team.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with media.
- Maintain appropriate communications with student athletes and parents.
- Assist in the planning of banquets, fund raising efforts and other activities which promote the program.
- Manage travel arrangements for the team.
- Bachelor degree.
- Five years of collegiate basketball coaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to project a positive and professional image in pressure situations.
- Ability to provide leadership to student athletes and staff.
- Physical and mental ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
About SVSU: Saginaw Valley State University is a baccalaureate and master's level university offering more than 70 undergraduate programs of study and nine master's degree programs. One of the fastest-growing universities in Michigan, SVSU has a current enrollment of more than 10,500 students and has increased the size of its physical facilities by more than 40 percent over the past ten years to keep up with student growth. In the past 12 years, the residential student population has tripled, and more than 70 percent of freshmen live in student housing. Situated on a spacious 756-acre campus, SVSU is conveniently located in the heart of the Tri-Cities of Saginaw , Bay City and Midland . SVSU features a quality learning environment that emphasizes personal attention (average class size: 25) and modern facilities, including more than $50 million in new projects recently completed or currently underway. For more information, please visit our website, www.svsu.edu.
SVSU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.