Director of Financial Aid « Position Deleted on 11/09/2012 »
|Institution:||Mohave Community College|
|Salary:||$60,000 to $90,000 USD Per Year|
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Position #: 4206
Reports directly to the dean of student services. Responsible for ensuring there is an effective plan and management strategy for the delivery and assessment of financial aid offered by the college. Member of Management Council.
Responsible for ensuring the financial aid process is student focused and that all students receive high quality and comprehensive financial aid services. Responsible for ensuring disbursements follow college and federal approved financial aid guidelines. Collaborate with campus deans and academic managers within the Management Council in defining, maintaining and revising financial aid programs and needs of the college. Support college-wide educational priorities including making students first in all initiatives.
This position works with limited supervision and will work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
1. Provide leadership and establish new procedures as necessary for increased efficiency. Use the highest level of recent technical knowledge in recommending policies that will lead to the implementation and support of the college's resources.
2. Reporting to vice president, administration, provide leadership for ensuring the college designs, develops and delivers a comprehensive array of financial aid services in support of the college's role and mission.
3. Supervise and review the performance of professional, technical staff and subordinate supervisors. Supervision includes training, delegation of work assignments, employee evaluation and discipline, and employee hire/termination, promotion and pay rate change recommendations.
4. Prepare program budget, monitor expenditures, prepare funding requests and maintain budget compliance within college guidelines.
5. Handle highly sensitive information and confidential records and materials in compliance with state and federal regulations.
6. Develop and recommend adjustments to the short-and long-range goals of the program. Develop, recommend and implement plans and projects including purchases, appropriateness of guidelines, adoption of technologies and staffing needs.
7. Monitor progress towards the achievement of proposed program goals, objectives and timelines.
8. Identify needed revisions to program processes and procedures to ensure compliance with program certification, rules, regulations, guidelines, state and federal laws and college policies and procedures.
9. Coordinate information retrieval, conduct research, compile data and prepare reports and presentations as required by the program or area assigned.
10. Conduct staff meetings including directing, discussion and exchanges of information, listening and guiding the problem solving process leading to decision making.
11. Responsible for ensuring required federal and state reports are completed accurately and timely. Examples include FISAP, US DOE participation agreement and eligibility and certification approval report. Prepare reports and statistical information regarding the activities of the program for the president as requested.
12. Keep apprised of current trends, rules and regulations affecting the program to ensure policies and procedures remain current and up to date. Recommend necessary changes as needed.
13. Responsible for all academic program and degree requirements as related to the financial aid process.
14. Organize, prepare and present in-services, workshops and planning sessions for professional development opportunities to aid in achieving goals and objectives.
15. Establish working relationships and attend meetings to represent the college in state, local and professional communities. Coordinate and ensure participation in community and local school events. Make presentations to community organizations and local schools.
16. Ensure program representation at all college events and community events in which the college participates such as Hot August Nights, career fairs, the County Fair and the County Education Fair
17. Maintain compliance with state and federal rules and regulations affecting the program.
18. Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
19. Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Masters Degree in related field and five years direct financial aid experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
Important Note: If any of the below listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
1. A complete online employment application form.
- Please do not state "See Resume" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may be cause for rejection of the application. The college will not return application materials submitted.
3. Resume or curriculum vitae. Optional, but encouraged.
4. Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the application, submitted by email to email@example.com (subject line must include the position number - emails with attachments and blank subject lines are automatically quarantined by our SPAM filter), mailed or faxed to the address below (position number must be included on all documents):
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409