Women's and Gender Studies, Non Tenure Track Faculty « Position Deleted on 1/01/2013 »
|Institution:||Illinois State University|
Illinois State University, Women's and Gender Studies Program invites applications for a Non-Tenure Track Instructional Assistant Professor position.
Doctorate (or equivalent terminal degree in the candidate's field) is strongly preferred at time of hire, but ABDs will be considered. Candidates should have at least one year of teaching experience.
This position has two components: teaching, and providing administrative assistance to the director:
1) As an instructor, the successful applicant teaches three courses per semester: two sections of the introductory Women, Gender and Society course and one in the candidates area of expertise. All areas of expertise are welcome to apply, but the Program has strong needs in transnational feminism or postcolonial feminism, queer theory, and critical race theory.
(2) The candidate supports administrative leadership of the director by serving on WGS committees and performing other duties as assigned.
Initial review of applicants will begin on November 1, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
To assure full consideration, please email:
- Complete dossier with a cover letter
- at least three letters of recommendation
- one writing sample
- Evidence of teaching quality
Please state "WGS Instructional Assistant Professor" in the subject line to: WGSInstructor@ilstu.edu
Interviews will be arranged by the search committee and conducted via televideo conference.